So long again....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, So long again.... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; This is my last week with my ESKY ! Evan though I just spent about 6500$ in repairs & upgrades ...
    Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

Cool So long again....

This is my last week with my ESKY ! Evan though I just spent about 6500$ in repairs & upgrades in the past three weeks lol.. Everything was fine till my car almost shut down check engine light on stabil Trac! Traction controll and all that.. This is days after I fixed every single thing!! Anyhow I will trading in my ESKY for a Audi S5 which drives like a dream !! Maybe I will back in a year or so with the new escalade!! Until then I'm going to enjoy every bit of my S5
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I'm getting rid of mine soon when it's off warranty for the CTS V. Always wanted one but didn't buy one because of the winters here in Boston. I figured that every time it storms bad here I never drive the escalade anyways I take my ford F350. It's tough choice because I really like the new 14s.

new york city is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: So long again....

So you spent $6500 & the check engine light still came on? (I'm confused)

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Escalade to S5. Or ctsV. Quite the difference!

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    I was lucky enough to drive escalade and ctsv coupe for a while,
    I enjoyed the torque and speed on v very much but
    Everytime I got back into escalade I felt more relaxed and comfortable.
    If I had to choose
    For sure escalade will be first choice.

I fixed ball joints, tie rod ends 4shocks diff fluid change spark plug wires & plugs, plus a lowering kit, I also had all my chrome wrapped and I also got my head lights painted and had my muffler done, & I put the viper smart start on it and last but not least 4 brand new winter tires plus 4 disks & 4 pads, & I changed every single speaker in the car!!!!!!. I probably spent more than 6500$.. The worst part is I just fixed & put on every single thing I just mentioned in pretty much the last 30 days!!!!! I went up north last weekend & on my way back CHECK ENGINE light Traction this and that it was a real Christmas tree!!!! Car almost shut off over 10 times now but the lights go away and come back! So when I get to the garage there was nothing to scan! I sold her for 25,000$ I did not tell the dealer of the problems as the car was driving fine the past two days..

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SWAG
    but the lights go away and come back! So when I get to the garage there was nothing to scan!
    All the codes that triggered the lights would have still been in history for the next 40 or so starts.

I did not tell the dealer of the problems as the car was driving fine the past two days..
    Wow, awesome dude! So you don't want to deal with the problems, but screw the next person who buys it? Real nice...

Why would I tell the dealer of the problem.... To loose more money! I payed 32000$ 9 months ago plus the 6500$ I just spent and then some! So I truly don't care if the next person has to fix something!!! If they are a good dealer &inspect the car before they sell it then there should be no problem! If not who cares!!! You got a lil money to spend big ..... At least the rest of the car is brand new. I don't think you would have said anything your self to receive less than 25,000$.. You expect me to give it away!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Good luck with your Audi, I love my RS7. With used cars/trucks it's a crap shoot, you can look everything over and make your best judgment, but just like with a new car it's luck, there are good ones and bad ones, I have had a brand new Escalade explode in my garage, I have also had a 96' twin turbo Porsche that caught fire and burned to the ground less than a mile after leaving the dealership with 300 miles on the car. I hope your next one is a good one.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

You would tell the dealer/buyer what happened because youre an honest person not trying to take advantage of someone... How are you going to feel if your Audi falls apart and you're told too bad, you should've looked the car over??. Enjoy your next car.

Thread locked.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.