New to me 2011 Escalade ESV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New to me 2011 Escalade ESV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Greetings to all- Not new to the forum but new to the Escalade area of the form. I own a ...
    383 LT1 SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Impala SS 383 LT12007 DTS Performance 2011 Escalade ESV

New to me 2011 Escalade ESV

Greetings to all-

Not new to the forum but new to the Escalade area of the form. I own a 2007 DTS performance edition and mostly lurked over there. I had a 2004 Chevy Suburban LT that my 19 year old son totaled. My son was not injured nor the other party involved so that is the main thing. To replace the suburban I purchased a certified 2011 Escalade ESV premium that is diamond white. After just a couple of days of ownership I must say that I am quite impressed with this vehicle. My DTS has been mostly trouble free & I hope that the Escalade treats me as well.

I do have one question though. Whats the consensus on adding splash guards to the vehicle? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks-
    383 LT1 SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline defector
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive

Re: New to me 2011 Escalade ESV

Hi and congrats.

I assume if you have the 11 Premium you have the power retractable boards, in which case you're going to have a hard time finding splash guards that work. For sure the molded color matched GM ones won't. There's a member here that managed to get some different soft ones on, although I must confess I'm not a fan of the look. I can't find that thread right now, but here's another member that did it on his black EXT (a few posts down from the OP) : http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...uards-22s.html
    2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive (sold 3/14)

Build Thread: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct that I have the power retractable running boards. I guess I am going to leave well enough alone for now.

383 LT1 SS

roadog1aj is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4

I have the 2011 EXT with power running boards, and had no trouble what so ever with installing the molded splash guards. There are a couple threads that discussed this very thing, and I'm pretty sure I posted some pics of my ride with the splash guards installed. You just have to do a minor adjustment to the location of the running boards. There are several bolts that need to be loosened to allow the running boards to be slid back just a little. It's real easy to do the work yourself. I think it took me about an hour from start to finish, and i love them!!
    I would recommend installing them to help keep the stone chips and mud slinging to a minimum.

----------

Here is one of the threads about splash guards. I posted a couple pics of mine with the running board in & out.
    Hope this helps!
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...uards-22s.html

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Clear bra is also an option. I have it on mine and love it!!

Thanks for the heads up guys & posting the links. I am going to order a set of the white diamond splash guards for the front & rear and install them myself. It gives me some peace of mind against chipping up the paint.

383 LT1 SS

soulsea is offline defector
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive

Quote Originally Posted by roadog1aj View Post
    I have the 2011 EXT with power running boards, and had no trouble what so ever with installing the molded splash guards.

Here is one of the threads about splash guards. I posted a couple pics of mine with the running board in & out.
    Hope this helps!
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...uards-22s.html
    Yes that's the same thread I linked, but what you have are not the GM accessory molded splash guards. Molded splash guards are the ones that are color matched on the WDT EXT and the regular WDT Escalade in that thread, and those are the ones I have yet to see work in the front with the retractable boards. What you have are the thinner soft splash guards that are available both through GM and other manufacturers which are easy to clear by pushing the power boards back a tad.
    2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive (sold 3/14)

Build Thread: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

roadog1aj is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4

Thanks for clarification soulsea. I had always assumed that the molded guards were basically the same, with the exception of paint colors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.