Bought a 2008 Cadillac Escalade and have some questions and needing parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Bought a 2008 Cadillac Escalade and have some questions and needing parts in Cadillac Escalade Forums; the passenger back door seems to have some air coming in around the top of the door once I get ...
    tpowell13 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Unhappy Bought a 2008 Cadillac Escalade and have some questions and needing parts

the passenger back door seems to have some air coming in around the top of the door once I get up to about 60 or more, you can hear it very loudly, like the window is rolled down just a little. The trim seems to be in place. Also I bought this during the daytime and when it became night time, of course one of the HID bulbs was blown. Little did I know just one of them is 200.00 thru the dealership. Also its missing the nav map disc, and I am looking for one of those as well, but don't want to pay full price for one.

I have never seen as much rust underneath a vehicle as I have this one. It's always been in Georgia, so no up North or Salt damage. Already had to replace the power steering pump like the 2nd day I bought it--"which as is" so this is my second week owning this vehicle. I had a 2005 GMC AWD DENALI and decided to upgrade. So looking for a few parts.

1. Nav Map Disc
    2. HID headlight bulb
    3. What would cause the passenger back window/door to hear so much air
    4. Power mirror for the passenger side is not working--any idea what it could be
    5. Heated seat does not work on the drivers side
    6. Why so much rust and what can I do about it, or prevent from further rusting??

Please advise

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neelfryer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalde ESV 2000 DTS 1970 De Ville Vert 1956 Series 62

Re: Bought a 2008 Cadillac Escalade and have some questions and needing parts

is it possible that the car was hit on the passenger side and the body work that was done makes the door not fit perfectly ? -- it might also explain the passenger side mirror not working - it could be a painted shell with a mirror in it but not have the motor for moving the mirror reconnected or replaced if it was totaled in the accident

the nav disc you can find on e-bay - but call any dealership and tell them your VIN and they will tell you the correct disc to get

the rust i can't help you with -- it's a bit like cancer you might want to get a few recommendation about containing it and stopping the cancer that rust can be -- but just base all these decisions on your expectations of the truck -- do you plan on driving as a daily driver and if so for how long?

if you're only looking for a 2 year truck -- than contains the rust and fix the easy things and change the oil on time

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.