Chirping belt Noise 07 escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Chirping belt Noise 07 escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 07 escalade w/102k miles that has a belt chirping noise on cold starts and especially cold moist/wet ...
    dlee1041 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

Chirping belt Noise 07 escalade

I have a 07 escalade w/102k miles that has a belt chirping noise on cold starts and especially cold moist/wet mornings. I have already recently replaced the tension
    pulley, idler puller, and serpentine belt. How do you tell if it is another pulley or
    where the problem is coming from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Did you replace the tensioner?

Any sign of anything leaking onto the belt or pulleys?

YardmanTony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: Chirping belt Noise 07 escalade

If you have replaced all these items and the noise is still there its most likely a bearing in the water pump or Alternator. Take the belt off and try turning them by hand. Look for any roughness or excess play. If the water pump bearing gets really bad it will start to leak.
    Regards,
    Tony UK.

dlee1041 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

I have already replaced the tensioner. From what I've researched it is either a pulley alignment issue or a tension issue. I've heard that if you spray a little water and it cures the squeak it is an alignment issue with the pulleys. If you spray water and it gets worst then it is a tension issue. Question is...how to you fix a tension issue?

xlraw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have the same problem on my 07 escalade I replaced the pulley and belt and it only squeals when it's damp and cold. I ordered some gator back belts which are suppose to stop the squeal if there is a mis alignment. I will keep you posted on what happens.

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

I am experiencing this on my 07 as well...for the second time. First time I replaced everything last fall (belt, tensioner, idler pulley) and was fine until this winter. When it got cold and raining it started chirping again. It does sound like it's coming from the tensioner ut I'm surprised that it needs replacing after only a year (less than 10k mi). I have read that belt chirping is common on these motors and it may be a misalignment issue. Not sure how that is remedied. Until I find a solution, I'm just going to leave it as the belt is like new...noise goes away after I drive off.

ronjohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did it fix your issue???

Finally installed my gatorback belts it has been a couple of days with cold and wet weather and so far no noise

Where do I get gatorback belts? Do I just tell the dealer I want it or can I goto a pep boys and say hey install goodyear gatorback belts?

I ordered mine off amazon cost around 40 for the two belts labour should be no more than 1/2 hour

What size do I need?

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ronjohn View Post
    What size do I need?
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php

I replaced my main belt in 5 minutes. Very easy to do.

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

on cold startup the something squeals, sounds like a water pump or something, but when its hot, no sound at all.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by big rob 1 View Post
    on cold startup the something squeals, sounds like a water pump or something, but when its hot, no sound at all.
    Hello big rob 1,

I apologize that you are experiencing this squealing noise on a cold start up in your Escalade. Are you planning on taking your vehicle into the dealership to have them look further into this concern? If you are, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment to look further into this concern. Please feel free to private message me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ruff ryda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the main belt, the ac belt and the tensioner idler pulley.

Currently mine is at Marion Cadillac, in Marion, Illinois, having the manifold studs replaced, so I asked them to look at that while it's there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.