Anyone had this happen
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Anyone had this happen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a stock sound system. I turned off the key and walked away from the esky and noticed the ...
    jkinder33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

Anyone had this happen

I have a stock sound system. I turned off the key and walked away from the esky and noticed the stereo was still playing. Key in my hand but stereo still on. Waited 10 seconds and didnt shut off. Went back inside esky and started it up and turned it off and the stereo shut off. That was weird. I feel like the head unit is starting to do weird things.

JK

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33
    I have a stock sound system. I turned off the key and walked away from the esky and noticed the stereo was still playing. Key in my hand but stereo still on. Waited 10 seconds and didnt shut off. Went back inside esky and started it up and turned it off and the stereo shut off. That was weird. I feel like the head unit is starting to do weird things. JK
    possible driver door trigger acting up, bcm didn't see the door open to shut off the radio if you notice it again while exiting the vehicle lookup to see if the dome light is on, btw the radio should shut off after a while, it wont kill the battery just in case someone else drives it and jus gets out and walks away

bigksone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
    The same thing has happened to me a couple of times but it is always after i have left the car running either while washing it or unloading packages (or putting air in my leaking chrome factory 22's) then opening up the front passenger side door, reaching over and turning the car off and removing the key. The stereo will continue to play even after I shut the door. If I go around to the other side and open the drivers door, it will immediately shut off. Never had an issue with drivers side door and normal exiting.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Anyone had this happen

Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33 View Post
    I have a stock sound system. I turned off the key and walked away from the esky and noticed the stereo was still playing. Key in my hand but stereo still on. Waited 10 seconds and didnt shut off. Went back inside esky and started it up and turned it off and the stereo shut off. That was weird. I feel like the head unit is starting to do weird things.

JK
    Hello jkinder33,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing your sound system in your Escalade still operating when you walked away from your vehicle. Was this the only time it did this? If you experience this again, I would suggest taking your vehicle to your local Cadillac dealership to look further into this concern. I would be more than happy to assist you in making an appointment and working with your dealership in regard to this concern. Please feel free to send me a private message if you would like to further discuss this.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

lousy_investor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by bigksone View Post
    The same thing has happened to me a couple of times but it is always after i have left the car running either while washing it or unloading packages (or putting air in my leaking chrome factory 22's) then opening up the front passenger side door, reaching over and turning the car off and removing the key. The stereo will continue to play even after I shut the door. If I go around to the other side and open the drivers door, it will immediately shut off. Never had an issue with drivers side door and normal exiting.
    I wonder if it has something to do with some sort of weight sensor in the driver's seat. Happened to me twice this year already, that after I had sat in the driver's seat waiting for 15 min or so, with all electronics turned off and key out of the ignition, my battery was drained to the point where I couldn't restart the engine! I thought it might have something to do with me sitting in the driver's seat after the second episode, so when I needed to wait again in the truck, I went and sat over on the passenger side. No issue whatsoever with the battery that time around. Somehow the truck seems to have some sort of trigger to power down everything based on someone leaving the driver's seat? My battery was drained even with radio turned off and key off the ignition!

Lesson learned but I am getting a new battery just in case.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bigksone View Post
    Hello bigksone,

I apologize that you have experienced this issue as well. If you are concerned about your vehicle acting this way, I would suggest taking your vehicle into your Cadillac dealership to have them look into this concern. Please let me know if you would like any assistance setting up an appointment or working with your dealership in regard to this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jkinder33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

I think it has to do with a sensor in door. I turn off key and music keeps playing. When i open and shut the driver door it turns off. Im just not used to that. Im used to if the key is out the car is off. Maybe this is why so many get dead batteries. They dont realize theyre draining the battery when the car is off.

Banshee8732 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bigksone
    Opening the passenger door won't shut the radio off. Nice feature. It keeps me from yelling at my passenger for opening the door and turning the radio off before I get out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.