How to install helper bags in springs. Pics inside
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, How to install helper bags in springs. Pics inside in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Im doing another tahoe tomorrow so might as well show how to get the helper bags in easy way since ...
    RARE ESKY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

How to install helper bags in springs. Pics inside

Im doing another tahoe tomorrow so might as well show how to get the helper bags in easy way since I get a tons of calls on this.

This is on a lowering spring for a escalade stock height springs will look different and bag will be taller

1) Put bag in a bucket of hot water for 5 minutes

2) take it out and remove top rubber cap

3) fold top over bottom

4) then fold sides over and put black cap back on

5) slowly guide it down thru the top of the spring

6) once you get it thru the top push it down a little

7) Remove top cap and air will be sucked in and form the bag inside the coil and push it all the way down

8) Once you make sure it fits you can bring it up a little attach the air line and then drop it down and your done

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: How to install helper bags in springs. Pics inside

Great tip!!!! Thanks for sharing.

ToddEdge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

Can you add these bags to a 100% stock rear suspension Escalade with the air ride? I looked into the Air Lift 1000 bag kit(manually add air when needed) and could never determine if this would negatively affect the factory air ride? I would like to add the bags for the 5-7 times a year I tow the boat.

Thanks,
    Todd

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddEdge
    Can you add these bags to a 100% stock rear suspension Escalade with the air ride? I looked into the Air Lift 1000 bag kit(manually add air when needed) and could never determine if this would negatively affect the factory air ride? I would like to add the bags for the 5-7 times a year I tow the boat. Thanks, Todd
    if your air shocks are ok you shouldn't need but if your air shocks leak the you could fab some lines and run to the aftermarket bag from the factory compressor

Ran-Dom32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have new arnott shocks, but would like to add something like this, I move my boat a couple times a year & the tongue weight is to much load for the stock set up, It actually blew a air line right off the shock last time I overloaded the hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ran-Dom32
    I have new arnott shocks, but would like to add something like this, I move my boat a couple times a year & the tongue weight is to much load for the stock set up, It actually blew a air line right off the shock last time I overloaded the hitch
    interesting, what size boat, I've towed a 25 advantage citation with no issues and my not so smart buddy towes a 33 baja with his with no sagging

this may actually make your friend look smart , I realize neither one is an adequate tow vehicle for a 42 ft 10k lbs boat, but at least my old H2 did'nt squat like an old Lincoln ... I'm seriously thinking about trading for a 6.2L H2, but they are tough to find
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ran-Dom32
    this may actually make your friend look smart , I realize neither one is an adequate tow vehicle for a 42 ft 10k lbs boat, but at least my old H2 did'nt squat like an old Lincoln ... I'm seriously thinking about trading for a 6.2L H2, but they are tough to find
    holy shit lol does the airide work one the escalade?

works perfect for lighter loads... I put in a new compressor & air shocks a few months ago... looks a little silly doesn't it

----------

works perfect for lighter loads... I put in a new compressor & air shocks a few months ago... looks a little silly doesn't it I miss my Hummer every time I look at that pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ran-Dom32 View Post
    Wow, the Escalade really squats! I had a 6.0 H2 last year and it was terrible at towing my boat. I towed 90 miles through the hills of Tennessee with a 28' boat only weighing about 7000. In 1 summer, I burned up the transmission in June since it ran in the red nearly all the time and then blew the manifolds out of both sides of the motor. The dealership said they had never seen all the studs snap off like they did... I also searched for a 6.2 H2 but, eventually just bought an Escalade for the lighter weight and more powerful motor.

Mine still sags with all the tongue weight and I'm thinking the helper bags could be aired up when I tow to help the stock air shocks, which can't keep up with excessive load.

Love the boat! I'm looking at trading for a 34' Eliminator eagle.

Todd

I had a couple broken studs on my H2 also, I put a nice set of headers on & cat back set up, sounded great.. I agree the Esky feels like a hot rod in comparison to the H2 , the 6.2 has a ton of power , but the Escalade was never designed to be a work horse to tow with , I would like to hear real world results of adding the helper bags on the Escalade

How far are you towing the Fountain? If you don't have one, might consider a Derale transmission cooler. I'm adding one next week. For $70, it is insurance for your transmission. You simply add it in line with your oem cooler. I know a few that have installed one and they are claiming 20-30 degree drops when towing.

Todd

TTT , does anyone has these installed on a stock height Escalade, I'm considering adding this just so I don't damage the compressor & air shocks , the odd time I move my boat

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You need a weight distributing hitch. A little research goes a long way. Not to mention the truck is not rated for 10,000 lbs. Not the tires, nor the rims. Your lucky your still alive. A little research goes a long way !!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.