2010 Escalade tires rubbing with stock 22"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2010 Escalade tires rubbing with stock 22" in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have recently purchased a 2010 Escalade with stock 22" wheels. It came with 285/45 R22 tires on it. I ...
    danmc00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2010 Escalade tires rubbing with stock 22"

I have recently purchased a 2010 Escalade with stock 22" wheels. It came with 285/45 R22 tires on it. I have noticed a rub spot on the driver side where the tires are rubbing the inner wheel well when turning and on the passenger side i have noticed that the tire is cut up a little bit from the running boards. Is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

new york city is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: 2010 Escalade tires rubbing with stock 22"

Can you post a pic of the entire wheel well if possible?

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

This is not normal. Mine was like that too when I picked it up brand new. After complaining and two visits to the dealer it was fixed!!

Noob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my fender well is the same, but i'm on 24's

Im about to go 30" now I see this fender well must go. In sense of being cut out/shaved.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Quote Originally Posted by danmc00 View Post
    I have recently purchased a 2010 Escalade with stock 22" wheels. It came with 285/45 R22 tires on it. I have noticed a rub spot on the driver side where the tires are rubbing the inner wheel well when turning and on the passenger side i have noticed that the tire is cut up a little bit from the running boards. Is this normal?
    Do you actually hear them rubbing or are you deducing it from the rub marks on the liners and steps?

If you hear them then it's obviously not normal on a stock setup, if you just see evidence of rubbing then it's likely the previous owner just had a bigger rim/tire setup.

I suspect it's the latter because it looks like you have fixed steps not power steps. Whereas the power steps can rub with a a slightly bigger wheel/tire combo, to rub on fixed steps it would take a hell of a big rim/tire combo ... I mean bigger than 26s cause I know many people with 26s and they've never rubbed on fixed steps. Or maybe the mark you see there is from something else completely unrelated.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have only seen one rub like that with stock 22's wheels and tires in our shop and it was caused by a bent coil spring causing the drivers side to sit about an inch lower

I know the previous owner and they had the same stock setup. I can hear it rub the running boards when turning very sharp in a parking lot or something like that. The running boards have actually torn up the tires on the leading edge. My vehicle just went out of warranty about 800 miles ago too.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

You need to take it in and have it looked at, if the stock 22" wheel/tire combo is rubbing on the running boards there's something seriously messed up with the geometry . They shouldn't even rub on the liners much less the running boards.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello danmc00,

I am sorry for the tire rubbing concern you are experiencing. If you are going to bring your vehicle into your dealer, please let me know. I would like to stay involved throughout the process and ensure your vehicle concerns are taken care of. I can be reached via private message and am more than happy to further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ToddEdge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I'm running 305-45-22's with the fixed running boards and didn't have any rubbing. I just added a 2" leveling kit and have tons of space between the running boards and the fenders. Have you measured the distance from the ground to the bottom of each of your front fenders to see if the side that is rubbing has some sag? That might help determine the issue.

Todd

Made an appointment for 8:15 Monday morning at dealer. Looked at it again tonight and it doesn't rub while sitting still. It gets close but only rubs when moving.

Can you please post an exterior pic of the entire car's driver or passenger side if possible?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Made an appointment for 8:15 Monday morning at dealer. Looked at it again tonight and it doesn't rub while sitting still. It gets close but only rubs when moving.
    Hi danmc00,

Thank you for updating the thread and informing me of your appointment date with your dealer. Please send me a private message that includes your contact information and dealer name so I can stay involved throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Sent PM Laura.

I will try to get a pic tomorrow New York City.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.