Rear lower
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Rear lower in Cadillac Escalade Forums; How involved is it to lower just the rear an inch or two? What's standard. Also. I put 300lbs directly ...
    jkinder33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

Rear lower

How involved is it to lower just the rear an inch or two? What's standard.
    Also. I put 300lbs directly on the hitch when hauling a dirt bike. Does the esky self level or will it sag making lowering and hauling my dirt bike a no go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33
    How involved is it to lower just the rear an inch or two? What's standard. Also. I put 300lbs directly on the hitch when hauling a dirt bike. Does the esky self level or will it sag making lowering and hauling my dirt bike a no go?
    its probably gonna involve lowering springs and altering the rods on the level sensors for the auto leveling system

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Rear lower

Hotchkis used to have a lowering kit for the standard length model that was just springs, gave about 2" to 2 1/2" drop, I used them on a 2007, and Eibach has springs that work, you just have to call them because I don't think they list them alone on their web site, I can probably supply the spring number that I used from them if you need it, I used their rear springs on a 2009.

ToddEdge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

It will self level with the air system. I tow a 5800# boat/trailer and you can hear the air pump come on as soon as the 500 or so pounds of tongue weight are realized.

Todd

Jay793 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 ext

I lowered mine with springs and shock extenders, then grab some 3" screws and replace the leveling rod with the screw (just have to cut the heads off the screws). It works great and still levels with a load in the bed. I would contact tony (norcal ss) he hooked me up and was real fast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.