Dealership Performance Package
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dealership Performance Package in Cadillac Escalade Forums; As anyone had a performance package done at the dealership? It is warrantied and adds about 50 horsepower and 60lb ...
    Spkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalde, 2013 CTS-V coupe

Dealership Performance Package

As anyone had a performance package done at the dealership? It is warrantied and adds about 50 horsepower and 60lb of torque. I'm not sure what they do but is it similar to the Diablo Tuner or is it something completely different? I'm looking at ways to add some horsepower and I'm either doing the performance package or a corsa dub exhaust.

Also, can I have the baffles removed from the stock exhaust to have it sound grumblier?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

John B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Dealership Performance Package

It is warrantied and adds about 50 horsepower and 60lb of torque.
    What exactly is this package?

It's offered through my cadillac dealership. They change the shifting patterns and a few other goodies which enhance the engine but does not void the warranty. He explained how GM leaves a lot of room to enhance the engines on the escalade. It costs $1695 and takes a 3-4hrs.

It's offered through my cadillac dealership. They change the shifting patterns and a few other goodies which enhance the engine but does not void the warranty. He explained how GM leaves a lot of room to enhance the engines on the escalade. It costs $1695 and takes a 3-4hrs.
    Please provide a link at the dealer that offers this......I can't imagine anyone offering something that changes OEM transmission shift patterns that would not void the OEM warranty!

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I would like to know that two, Please give us that dealer. Is there any hardware included for that 1695 or just a program

The dealership is Earnhardt Cadillac in Scottsdale AZ. Ask to speak to someone in the aftermarket department. I did this package on my cts v coupe and it is crazy fast.

mbdubb2361 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by John B
    Please provide a link at the dealer that offers this......I can't imagine anyone offering something that changes OEM transmission shift patterns that would not void the OEM warranty!
    would love to know this info myself. Been thinking of was not to void warranty without having to wait until it's runs out.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    My local dealer also has a performance division at Sarrant in NY. They do super chargers two choices, does not void warrantee.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I have some friends that work for ford and do performance mods, very expensive!!! As others have said, they also maintain factory warranty.

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

But they maintain full warranty only at that dealer. They will warranty it because they install it. There are a few dealers that do the same, but warranty only works at those dealers. So if you go on a holiday and something happens..... No warranty

I called Earnhardt Cadillac in Scottsdale AZ and the Sales Rep flat told be that they "reprogram" the PCM to obtain more HP and alter the transmission shifts just as the OP said. When I called him on the carpet and asked for documented results in the form of a before and after dyno sheet he said that he would see what he could find and e-mail it to me because I disputed a 60HP gain just through tuning. When I told him that any tampering with the PCM that changes OEM timing, A/F and transmission shifts will void the warranty he went on to tell me that their reprogramming is invisible to the PCM (can't be detected) and I called BS again. Where his credibility got real shakey was when he told me they need about 2 hours in the shop to perform the reprogramming......of course I didn't disclose that I too have HPTuners that I use for my LS7 Monte Carlo SS and that it takes me all of 11 seconds literally to reflash the PCM as opposed to two hours

There is an extensive discussion about ECM reprogramming and voiding of the warranty on the Corvette Forum that you can read about here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...t-from-gm.html

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    GM provides upgrades in certain vehicles. I had a 05 cobalt SS that had the GM performance upgraded stage 2. They do in fact reprogram the ECM and some cases transmission control module. How I know this? I'm the one who installed the kit and reprogrammed it when I worked for them awhile back. If your comparing it to aftermarket tuners, there's no comparison! But! Totally backed by GM! Also CARB legal with all carb numbers. I tried looking up such a kit for the escalade but found nothing?

So do you think Earnhardt is full of crap? Does the programming add 60hp? I'm leaning towards a Corsa exhaust and that's it.

----------

Informative link John B. Now I will definitely not do the programming. Thanks for all the info and opinions!

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I call BS. Any computer changes will void the warranty.

So do you think Earnhardt is full of crap?
    The evidence will bear this out when they fail to produce a dyno sheet that shows a 60HP improvement.......you shouldn't advertise something that you don't have quantitative data to back up!

Does the programming add 60hp?
    I've been tuning the LS motor since 2000 (13 years) with close to 300 runs on a chassis dyno and I am here to tell you that GM DOES NOT LEAVE 60HP on the table in their stock tunes for an naturally aspirated motor with no modifications, PERIOD! Take this to the bank!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.