2007+ 6.2l ho?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hcvone
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007+ 6.2l ho? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Do all of the 2007+ escalades feature the High Output engine, or are there two different versions (regular vs HO)? ...
    imnotminh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Platinum

2007+ 6.2l ho?

Do all of the 2007+ escalades feature the High Output engine, or are there two different versions (regular vs HO)? I test drove one last night (mine got T-Boned) and the engine felt a little different (not as responsive). They were both 2007 AWD. Quick responses are appreciated, as I'm looking to buy this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
    Minh

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2007+ 6.2l ho?

Only one engine, after 7 years it may have just needed to be tuned up, or may have had regular gas in the tank.
    imnotminh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Only one engine, after 7 years it may have just needed to be tuned up, or may have had regular gas in the tank.
    Exactly what I needed to know. My mechanic also said it was sluggish compared to my previous one, so I decided to pass. Thanks for the quick answer. I've read some of your responses to other posts. Very helpful.

SouthernCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

Also the 2007 escalade hybird had a different engine, not the same as the regular escalades.

bigksone is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCaddy
    Also the 2007 escalade hybird had a different engine, not the same as the regular escalades.
    I thought the Hybrids started in 09?

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I know that my truck was running real sluggish I changed the throttle body module and some bad fuel injectors as well as new air filter and tune up, truck drives like it did when new. I would check the air filter and throttle body, they charge 100 + for the service it makes more sense to buy a new throttle body module for around 150$ for a new one also you can avoid a check engine and possible breakdown as well. I changed mines at 110K miles

Quote Originally Posted by SpyShops NY View Post
    I know that my truck was running real sluggish I changed the throttle body module and some bad fuel injectors as well as new air filter and tune up, truck drives like it did when new. I would check the air filter and throttle body, they charge 100 + for the service it makes more sense to buy a new throttle body module for around 150$ for a new one also you can avoid a check engine and possible breakdown as well. I changed mines at 110K miles
    My previous Escalade had check engine light TPS (throttlebody position sensor) when it was cold outside, but never ran sluggish. The one I was looking at didn't have any misfires, just lacked responsiveness. If it was a simple fix, I'm sure they would've taken care of it before selling, since the guy that was helping 'his aunt' sell it kept saying he had a lot of connections for this and that.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by bigksone View Post
    I thought the Hybrids started in 09?
    true statement. escalade hybrids started only in 2009.

2007XTSDub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    And they only had the 6.0L in them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by 2007XTSDub View Post
    And they only had the 6.0L in them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    it is called the LFA engine which won the Wards best engine in 2008/2009. it has AFM, variable valve timing, V8 to V6 when cruising, autostop and hybrid transmission.

http://wardsauto.com/news-amp-analys...t-engines-2008

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.