Lifted 2010 EXT Build... Pics to come as I recieve parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Lifted 2010 EXT Build... Pics to come as I recieve parts in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I do not have many posts on here, so first off I want to say hello to everyone!! A month ...
    hardkore-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Lifted 2010 EXT Build... Pics to come as I recieve parts

I do not have many posts on here, so first off I want to say hello to everyone!!

A month into this, we got to talking about a picture my wife saw online. An EXT with a 12" lift on 37's... "Babe, that thing is a beast. I like it!!" What more of an excuse do I need?? LOL. I played if off like, "Yeah, that's nice. What are we having for dinner?" After she twisted my arm with my XDS pointed at my head, this is where we stand...

I will update this thread with pictures as parts arrive and get installed

SUSPENSION, RIMS, TIRES, ETC
    -8" Bulletproof suspension lift (spacers, drop downs, extenders) - ORDERED
    -front CV driveshaft - ORDERED
    -20x12" Deep Lip Fuel Hostage wheels, gloss black/brushed hardware (ORDERED)
    -35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    -R1 Concept premium slotted rotors - ORDERED
    -calipers powdercoated gloss black with Cadillac script "C" decals

EXTERIOR
    -all chrome vinyl wrapped gloss black
    -windows tinted 5% all around
    -OEM style LED taillights
    -HID fogs to match factory lows
    -shave all emblems except front and rear crests (had gold emblems, shaved and swapped crests for chrome) - COMPLETE
    -drop down extensions for auto sidesteps

PERFORMANCE
    -MBRP catback powdercoated semi-gloss black - ORDERED
    -Kooks 1-7/8" longtubes, offroad y-pipe
    -larger CAI (not sure which brand yet)
    -custome tune

INTERIOR
    -newer style ruby burlwood center console lid - INSTALLED
    -all new ruby burlwood pieces - ORDERED
    -black sueded headliner, pillars, and plastics painted black

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bigwill1323704 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Re: Lifted 2010 EXT Build... Pics to come as I recieve parts

so you only ordered the spacers, drop downs, extenders

I should have put etc. after it, so that's my fault. I ordered the whole kit... the kit includes diff, sway bar, a arm, and coilover drop downs, impact bars, steering linkage, ss brake lines, coil spacers, panhard extension, and rear sway bar links. extra cost came from cv shaft and rear shocks. you can upgrade to the fox shocks and coilovers with billet clamps too. I was not trying to be $6500 plus into this lift, so I did not order them.

I switched a few things up in the last week or so. instead of going with the 20x12 hostages, I went with 22x12 2 piece Mavericks in the black/machined finish and will be running a 35x12.50x22 or a tire closest to that size. the rims finally arrived so I will be going to pick those up at the shop today and I will post pictures as soon as I do.

I also switched interior plans.... not going with ruby burlwood but will be switching all dash pieces to the olive/brushed aluminum platinum/hybrid platinum pieces and installing the heated/cooled cupholders. I am pretty stoked for this. that being said, I will have a 2 week old ruby burlwood center console lid with pad for sale and the factory 22's for a good price.

cross drilled rotors, pads, 55watt hid fogs, and tires will be here Monday or Tuesday.

drop hitch, hitch pin, new ball, and mbrp catback are here!! catback is getting taken out to powder coat today and should be done by mid week next week. its not letting me upload pictures from my computer so im trying to figure that out.

sorry in advance for the shitty pictures. I've been working 85+ hours a week and busy around the house with the wife and kids.

R1 Rotors and Pads
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648574.769725.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648611.181435.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648664.710284.jpg

Drop Hitch
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648638.428444.jpg

MBRP Cat-back
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648724.077751.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648754.691963.jpg

22x12 2 piece Fuel Mavericks
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648790.848135.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383648810.527585.jpg
    That last picture was supposed to be to show the depth of the lip. It didn't turn out as planned

Tires will be here Friday. Ended up going with 35x12.50x22 Fuel tires. Supposedly they're made by Nitto. Waiting on call to check status of my lift.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Also... I know this isn't the classified section, but I'm just throwing this up here. I'll have a pretty much brand new ebony and ruby burlwood center console lid with pad, and all of the other original burlwood pieces along with a set of stock 22's

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

If you really want to stop you should look into large brake kit, I have a wax customer that just did this on a Tahoe and really had stopping issues after the height and larger wheels and tires, he tried upgrading first but had trouble stopping from speeds.

Thanks for the info!! The BB kit will definitely be happening. Probably closer to summer. Going built motor and small blower as well.

The rotors are more for appearance right now since the stockers look terrible. Between my wife and I, we literally put 20 miles a week, if that, on the truck. We drive her Traverse mostly everyday. I'm like 1/4 mile from work and 1-2 miles to mostly everything else like grocery stores and what not.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by hardkore-v View Post
    Thanks for the info!! The BB kit will definitely be happening. Probably closer to summer. Going built motor and small blower as well.

The rotors are more for appearance right now since the stockers look terrible. Between my wife and I, we literally put 20 miles a week, if that, on the truck. We drive her Traverse mostly everyday. I'm like 1/4 mile from work and 1-2 miles to mostly everything else like grocery stores and what not.

Look at the Edlebrock supercharger, we put the first one they made on one of my 12' platinum's for Sema, it looks stock, fits under the hood and makes great power, and with long tubes it really goes. Keep the pics coming. I am old and in 1980 I had a blazer with 38" Baja Kings on it with an 8" lift kit, did that to a truck with 32 miles on it, I think I have a pic somewhere of my daughter standing up and she fit under the front bumper, have to post it.

Please post those pics!! I can't wait to have our 3 year old stand next to it!!

I've heard nothing but great things about the E-Forces. I'm really considering it. I don't want to make crazy power, just reliable power so I think it's perfect.

I know not too many people are interested in this "build", but here's an update..

Took the Esky to the dealership right down the street today to replace the third brake light due to condensation. I also had them check the passenger side rear rim because we were spitting center caps off like twice a week. They ordered a new factory rim, center cap and third brake light and said the rim was bent just enough to cause the problem. We have only had this thing for like 2 months, so needless to say, the dealership I bought it from got a phone call. NOT happy.

I also ordered a new tailgate handle, black door handles, and the few interior pieces I still needed.

Jay793 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 ext

Let's see some pics of the truck when you get a chance. Be prepared to run thru ball joints, Tie rods, pitman and idler arms, I had a 6" lift on my silverado and got tired of always running thru parts. Sounds like you don't put that many miles on it tho so won't be to bad.

This was the day we picked her up
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383815996.762227.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383816055.288994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383816106.862306.jpg

That's really all I have for now. My buddy has a real nice camera, so once it's lifted and finished, I will be posting TONS of pictures.

If I went with the 12" what all would I need if it didnt want to buy the complete kit from them

I want to run a 26" mud mt rim and 37" tires

do you think i could get away with the 8" lift and a 2.5 " level kit

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.