2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights in Cadillac Escalade Forums; How many miles do you have? Please keep us informed...
    Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights

How many miles do you have? Please keep us informed

new york city is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

I went to the dealer today on my own (not receiving any call)
    I was now told a Camshaft Sprocket needs to be replaced (which I saw my car was on the lift and pieces of the engine disassembled)
    I was not told this when I came in last friday and they did a computer diagnosis on the esv.
    Now my question is should I have to pay for this sprocket? Because I was already told what was the problem and what it took to fix it when I came in. Along with the price of $492. I agreed.

But now all of a sudden (7 days later, car still in the dealer) I am told they are adding this piece.
    I just raised hell & walked out & told them my shit better be done tomorrow.

Am I obligated to pay for the camshaft sprocket? What if they broke it them self some how? Why wouldn't they check this when I first brought the car in?

PS: I don't intend on paying for this sprocket what so ever anyway.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Why are you so angry?? Your 7 year old car failed and needs repairs. How many miles are on the car, of which were trouble free? I agree, dealer labor rates are higher than privately owned shops, but no one forces us to use the dealer. Why would a, presumably, multimillion dollar dealership damage your property and not repair it?? Repairs must be authorized before they can be completed. Sometimes though, while digging into a car trying to diagnose a problem you discover the problem is larger than previously anticipated. There are even instances when something that has been taken apart can not be reassembled due to the parts being broken. You don't have to pay for the camshaft sprocket. That being said, you may be taking taking your car out of there on a hook because it won't run.

I can certainly relate to the car being in the shop a week longer, that truly is unfortunate and should've been reconciled through the dealer contacting you along the way.

what do you mean "on a hook because it won't run"
    I don't understand.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by new york city
    what do you mean "on a hook because it won't run" I don't understand.
    tow truck

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by new york city View Post
    I went to the dealer today on my own (not receiving any call)
    I was now told a Camshaft Sprocket needs to be replaced (which I saw my car was on the lift and pieces of the engine disassembled)
    I was not told this when I came in last friday and they did a computer diagnosis on the esv.
    Now my question is should I have to pay for this sprocket? Because I was already told what was the problem and what it took to fix it when I came in. Along with the price of $492. I agreed.

But now all of a sudden (7 days later, car still in the dealer) I am told they are adding this piece.
    I just raised hell & walked out & told them my shit better be done tomorrow.

Am I obligated to pay for the camshaft sprocket? What if they broke it them self some how? Why wouldn't they check this when I first brought the car in?

PS: I don't intend on paying for this sprocket what so ever anyway.
    Hello new york city,

I apologize that you are having trouble with the dealership you are working with. If this is something that you would like me to look into, I would be happy to discuss it with you via private message. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello new york city,

I apologize that you are having trouble with the dealership you are working with. If this is something that you would like me to look into, I would be happy to discuss it with you via private message. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    It's fine. No need to apologize. The dealer called me to assure me that my escalade is fixed & done. (I do not have to pay for the sprocket) They informed me that they installed it on their end since I was not informed it might be an issue when I made the total service payment.
    I will be going later on this aftertoon to pick up my esv.

PS: They offered to buy me lunch as well but I am not able to go at this moment =)

It's fine. No need to apologize. The dealer called me to assure me that my escalade is fixed & done. (I do not have to pay for the sprocket) They informed me that they installed it on their end since I was not informed it might be an issue when I made the total service payment.
    I will be going later on this aftertoon to pick up my esv.

PS: They offered to buy me lunch as well but I am not able to go at this moment =)
    Thank you for updating us on your current situation, new york city. I am glad you did not pay for the repair and the dealer worked with you towards resolving this concern. If additional questions arise, please contact Gregory or I via private message. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

how much did it cost you total? So they only did a computer diagnosis and changed the camshaft sprocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustico View Post
    how much did it cost you total? So they only did a computer diagnosis and changed the camshaft sprocket?
    Na, sorry for the late reply. But here is what they did:

Diagnosis is $136 but free if agreeing with the repairs.

Cam position actuator magnet
    Cam Shaft Sensor
    Camshaft sprocket
    Cleaned throttle body
    Then they called me & told me I would be needing a New Oil Pump. (Paid for the part. Not the labor)
    And they did an oil change, ran the car then flushed the oil & did another oil change.

It was close to $700 if I'm not mistaken, around that price range.

Check out my thread I had the same problems for over a year and a half. The Cam position actuator is probably stuck in the advanced position and the oil control value should also be replaced.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...k-service.html

Drove for 4 hours today. I got off at an exit & BOOM "service stabilitrak & service traction control"
    Got to my destination about 10 minutes after the warning lights came on.. Turn the car off, went into the mall, came out about 20 minutes later, turned the car on & messages are still there. Okay now I drive off & BOOM I get back in the same exit I got off on & the message magically disappears.

Pretty Bizarre. Anyone have any clue what just happened? (going to the dealer tomorrow to report this as well)

PS: Is there anyway to just completely turn the stabilitrak off? I see a little icon of it on my dashboard as posted in the pic below.. Does that turn it off or something?

That wont work I tried it. It makes no difference. Just like I thought this is a costly repair. I believe they just keep on changing parts until they solve it.

Just got back from the dealer. Some sort of sensor in the rear tire was adjusted.
    That was it for now. Will update if anything.

PS: I also notice the exit that I got off & on (when messages appeared and disappeared at the same identical place) had sort of a slope incline on it & a shitload of potholes. (very bumpy rough ride)

Drove for 4 hours today. I got off at an exit & BOOM "service stabilitrak & service traction control"
    Got to my destination about 10 minutes after the warning lights came on.. Turn the car off, went into the mall, came out about 20 minutes later, turned the car on & messages are still there. Okay now I drive off & BOOM I get back in the same exit I got off on & the message magically disappears.

Pretty Bizarre. Anyone have any clue what just happened? (going to the dealer tomorrow to report this as well)

PS: Is there anyway to just completely turn the stabilitrak off? I see a little icon of it on my dashboard as posted in the pic below.. Does that turn it off or something?
    Hello new york city,

I am glad to hear that the sensor may have just been messed up due to the potholes on the exit you took and that there weren’t any further issues. Thank you for continuing to keep us updated and please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself via private message if you would like our assistance at all.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.