2013 escalade platinum tail lights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soulsea
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2013 escalade platinum tail lights in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently purchased a 2012 escalade and I was wanting to buy the smoked tail lights that come stock on ...
    Amaris1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

2013 escalade platinum tail lights

I recently purchased a 2012 escalade and I was wanting to buy the smoked tail lights that come stock on the 2013 platinum edition but the ones I found on eBay were 700 bucks and I didn't know if that price is about right or if anyone knows where I can find a better deal! The help would be extremely appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: 2013 escalade platinum tail lights

The OEM smoked tails don't come on Platinums, they are stock on 12+ Premiums only ... and you need to buy the matching 3rd brake lamp as well. I actually have a spare smoked 3rd, with a full led across mod done to it to boot, but unfortunately it's in storage in DC until we find a house to purchase in Miami so I don't have access to it.

Hit up an ebay vendor called oempartsdirectinc (http://stores.ebay.com/oempartsdirectinc) and shoot him a private message and tell him soulsea referred you from cadillacforums. He'll sell you the set pretty much as cheap as you can get one new. Otherwise you just have to wait for a takeoff set at a good price to show up.

Hope that helps.
    incaorchid likes this.

Amaris1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

@soulsea thanks man I really appreciate that! Ill message him now! Also your escalade looks great I love that drop!

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Sorry for the potentially dumb question but... are the tails on the standard/ESV/EXT all the same? All of the tails on ebay have EXT fitment but I'd be surprised if they're truly identical...

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

EXT tails are different than either of the SUV tails and are not interchangeable.

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Thought so... did some digging and looks like even the 2013 EXT premium still uses the 07 style tails. Bummer those would look awesome on the EXT!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaris1 View Post
    I recently purchased a 2012 escalade and I was wanting to buy the smoked tail lights that come stock on the 2013 platinum edition but the ones I found on eBay were 700 bucks and I didn't know if that price is about right or if anyone knows where I can find a better deal! The help would be extremely appreciated!
    Hello Amaris1,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners. We are happy to have you part of the Cadillac community. Congrats on your recent purchase of your 12' Escalade! I see another forum member was able to help answer your question. If any other concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. We can be contacted via private message to further discuss any situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

Bought from oempartsdirect before. Great guy to deal with and price was reasonable. Was recommended to him by Soulsea and appreciated it.

Caddy44Lo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2010 platinum

Hello all, I just found my way onto this site and couldn't be happier that I did I. I was wondering if someone could help me with my issue. I recently brought some eagle eye chrome tail lights off eBay and had the biggest problem getting the tail lights to work. When I plugged them up I kept getting the hyper blinking and couldn't figure it out, I tried adding resistors but that didn't work either so I sent them back. Is it because I didn't have the third brake light or what, BTW I have a 2010 platinum. What is the best route to go when purchasing chrome or smoke taillights. At first I wanted the chrome but now I think a want the smoked, any help in directed me to the right place to purchase the right kind for my vehicle would be greatly appreciated. Best to all, thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.