Headrest front seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Headrest front seats in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Anyone know why some front headrests have a button to adjust frontward and backward and other have no adjustment. My ...
    jkinder33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

Headrest front seats

Anyone know why some front headrests have a button to adjust frontward and backward and other have no adjustment. My buddy has an 07 with the button and i just bought an 08 and went to adjust the headrest and to my surprise no button. I can only move headrest up and down. I cant believe i cant move it forward or backward. Manual says you may have a headrest with button or may not

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Headrest front seats

jkinder33,

I am sorry that you do not have this option with your Cadillac. Not all trim and year models were designed with the same seats. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Erica Tiffany
    Cadillac Customer Care

Im just surprised. My buddies escalade which is a 2007 2wd base model has it. Mine is a luxury awd and it doesnt have it.

CadX6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Audi TTS Prestige / 2013 Audi Q7 Prestige S-Line

If I recall correctly, The feds imposed another new regulation around that time that mandated that head restraints had to be fixed to a certain distance between it and the seat occupant's head. This meant they could adjust vertically but not laterally. I noticed the change around that time in several rental cars I had.
    Another wonderful example of your "Nanny State" government telling you what's best for you & what you can have and not have.

cadx6 Interesting. My buddy is turning in his 07. I may just ask him to swap before he turns it in so i can have that adjustment.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I have a 2008 escalade sport luxury edition built in march of 2008 and I have the adjustments your talking about, when I installed the DVD Headrest monitors I ended up putting them on the second row looks awesome. If you notice the 2012-2013 has different full size headrests on the second row vs the 2007-2011 has the second row headrests like the third row smaller ones.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

In a way to cut their costs GM thought we did not need that adjustment anymore and took it away, kind of like the rain sensing wipers and heater washer fluid, but THEY DID NOT LOWER THE PRICE, IN FACT RAISED THE PRICE.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

I don't think it is regulations. the new range rovers and the ones preceding it have adjustable headrests.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

cost saving, they removed it to save money just like the rain sensing and heated wind sheild wipers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.