Help driver side mirror won't fold in!******
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Help driver side mirror won't fold in!****** in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I tried to fold my automatic windows in but for some reason the driver side won't fold in. The passenger ...
    Leamonzgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2007

Help driver side mirror won't fold in!******

I tried to fold my automatic windows in but for some reason the driver side won't fold in. The passenger fine is fine. When I push the button, I can hear the motor on the inside.

I tried to give it a little tug without using too much force and now I can rock it a little with my hand which I wasn't able to do before. What can I do? Is this going to cost a fortune at the dealer? I am not handy"

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Suicidalbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV
    Hearing the motor eliminates any fuse issue, which is easy to fix. If you're not handy, you're probably looking at a dealership visit.

JCat27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: Help driver side mirror won't fold in!******

Look on ebay for a used one that folds. I got a deal on a new one from a buddy of mine, but its going to cost you $300+ for the mirror alone.

Dealership is going to charge $600+ for the mirror and prob $150ish to put it in.

Its super easy to replace, just did mine last month and it took 15 minutes. Pull the cover, unscrew the mirror, unscrew and pull off the door panel, unplug wires from door panel and replace. Im sure there is a DIY out there.

Ok. I need help trying to find one...I have the one with the chrome finish at the bottom of the mirror...can someone help me out with searching on ebay? They seem to not have the chrome. I believe the part number is 25831064

greenapple is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Leamonzgirl View Post
    Ok. I need help trying to find one...I have the one with the chrome finish at the bottom of the mirror...can someone help me out with searching on ebay? They seem to not have the chrome. I believe the part number is 25831064
    What color?

Black...how much do u think it might be if I got it painted? Couldn't find black

Aerocoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

My DS mirror finally bit the dust and I need to know what years will interchange. I have a 2007 and would really rather get as new of a used one as I can so it has less wear and tear.

Thanks and sorry for the hijack,

Darren

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I have a similar question on interchange- will the 2010+ mirrors connect or is it a different harness due to blindspot and lane departure integration?

Aerocoupe the 2007-2009 mirrors are all the same

Aerocoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I am not worried about the wiring harness as that can be made to work. My question is about fit and finish with regards to the 2010+ mirror housing bolting up to the door and the existing trim lining up. Hopefully that makes sense.

Darren

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocoupe View Post
    I am not worried about the wiring harness as that can be made to work. My question is about fit and finish with regards to the 2010+ mirror housing bolting up to the door and the existing trim lining up. Hopefully that makes sense.

Darren
    Hmm hadn't even considered that they might change the housing design... makes total sense. The only thing I can tell visually is a different turn signal LED setup- maybe I'm wrong here but unless they changed the doors and door trim the mirrors have to be the same as well. But of course assuming doesn't usually work out for the best!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.