About to buy my First 2007 ESV (Some Questions)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, About to buy my First 2007 ESV (Some Questions) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok so I have long dreaded the escalade esv (2007+ body) I am working with a budget so it's probably ...
    new york city is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

About to buy my First 2007 ESV (Some Questions)

Ok so I have long dreaded the escalade esv (2007+ body)
    I am working with a budget so it's probably the year I will most likely be able to afford via cash sale.

My questions are:
    what are main issues to be worried about when purchasing a 07 esv from a private seller?
    One what is the major exterior differences between the regular ESV & the platinum ESV? (I love the dual exhaust look & plan to upgrade that immediately)

-Any help is highly appreciated. Thank You.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: About to buy my First 2007 ESV (Some Questions)

Anyone that can help me?

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Personally I would stay away from the 07s, a lot of the first year issues were rectified after the 08 MY. Some standard issues like cracked dashes, peeling trim, door lock actuators, etc are mainly fit and finish issues ... otherwise in general terms the engine and drivetrain of these GMT900 trucks are pretty stout (assuming the vehicle has been driven kindly and properly maintained).

If you go through the forum threads you will figure out pretty quickly what to look out for specific to escalades in addition to all the regular stuff to look for in an older higher mileage vehicle. I would also strongly recommend that you purchase a vehicle that qualifies for GM Major Guard extended warranty.

Insofar as the differences between the base, luxury, premium, and platinum trims, they are too numerous and they vary from year to year. You can do the side to side comparison on the Cadillac website for the 13s and 14s. Generally speaking the interior of the Platinums has always been very different in color scheme to all the others (only beige and saddle combo available until 13) and comes standard headrest DVDs. The 12+ Premiums come standard with the dual exhaust, they are actually an option on all the other trims including the Platinum. The Platinum has always had a different front clip and also comes with LED headlamps since 09 (I think). The 12+ Premiums have the same front clip as the Platinums but most of it is colormatched as opposed to chrome.

Hopefully this is enough info to get you started.

Amazing soulsea. Thanks for the information. Will definitely look further into it.

One more question that I haven't seem to find the answer for on this forum:

Can 30" inch rims be added on the esv with out any adjustments? (Like, will they fit snug or will they be hitting the fenders etc)

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Wow 30" rims, you're basically talking about donking it.

I honestly have no idea what tires you need to make it fit, but obviously it can be done cause there are many images on google of 'Escalade on 30s' ... but if you live in NYC like your username states, 30" rims with the rubber band tires they will need will last about a day before they get bent/cracked and leave you stranded.

I run 24s, and 26s are about as big as I can imagine running on a DD before I worry that any crack on the road will damage a wheel.

MRANT212 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 12 CTS-V sedan 08 SS,88Corvette,71Corvette

I wouldnt run 30's in NYC either. I have an 07 ESV and havent had many issues at all with it. Truck has been great from day 1 as Im the original owner. Im looking to sell it soon...just dont know when you are looking to buy. Diamond White Black leather 114k miles. All records and books. Im in Monmouth Cty not to far from the city..Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.