TPMS sensors - what would you do?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, TPMS sensors - what would you do? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey, so I just recently put 26's on my Escalade and they did not come with TPMS sensors, therefore now ...
    07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

TPMS sensors - what would you do?

Hey, so I just recently put 26's on my Escalade and they did not come with TPMS sensors, therefore now I get the annoying message every time I start the car "service tire pressure system" (or whatever, something like that). I wouldn't mind having the sensors, but the ridiculous cost of them (plus installation) is just too much (literally going to be between $300-500). Does anyone have any ideas? What would you do? Just go without sensors and live with the error message? Can I disable the message or disable the whole TPMS system? I've even looked at getting some used sensors (maybe $60-80) but still looking at around $200 just to install them. Someone else has got to have gone through this. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Why not swap em from your stocks?

Re: TPMS sensors - what would you do?

I got my 26's by trading a guy for my stocks (he had just bought the truck and it was for his wife so he didn't want the 26's). Even if I still had my stocks it would be $25 per wheel to uninstall them, and $25 per wheel to install them, plus the fee to program them to my truck. So well over $200.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    There is a thread here on how to reprogram yourself. I think the manual explains it too. Not too sure on the latter

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Most places don't charge anything to program them. I know NTB doesn't.

If the older Escalades are like the other older models, all you need is the key fob and a STRONG magnet.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have purchased hundreds of tps sensors on ebay for $50-$100 for a set of 4 of them for our wheel company, I would get the sensors, they are even more important with larger wheels.

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Like hcvone says, on eBay for cheap and have them installed. I had a set of these out on my 24s and they work great. Discount tire does the programming for me during the swaps for free.

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BlkOnBlkEXT
    Hey, so I just recently put 26's on my Escalade and they did not come with TPMS sensors, therefore now I get the annoying message every time I start the car "service tire pressure system" (or whatever, something like that). I wouldn't mind having the sensors, but the ridiculous cost of them (plus installation) is just too much (literally going to be between $300-500). Does anyone have any ideas? What would you do? Just go without sensors and live with the error message? Can I disable the message or disable the whole TPMS system? I've even looked at getting some used sensors (maybe $60-80) but still looking at around $200 just to install them. Someone else has got to have gone through this. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
    first of all not all rims support sensors does yours, second of all i have a few sets of new sensors that i will not use if you can get me a part number of the ones you need and i have them ill send you some P.S. Why doesn't anyone put their city In their profile, thats the first thing i look at when offering help

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help. I live in Seattle and I am not sure on the part number, I was told the traditional "valve stem" units would work for me. Here is a link to my wheels http://www.carid.com/borghini-wheels...e-1223032.html

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Probably 13586335

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.