Couple of minor but annoying things on the 2007.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By computerman
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Couple of minor but annoying things on the 2007. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey Guys. So these are the only complaints so far we've had on our loyal 6 yr old escy but ...
    OkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Couple of minor but annoying things on the 2007.

Hey Guys.
    So these are the only complaints so far we've had on our loyal 6 yr old escy but certainly someone here can help me with these as I'm stumped.
    I've gone thru the common emblem fades and black plastic peel on the window trim but these are now driving me crazy.

On the driver's side door just under or inside the area below the seat belt I have very low noise click or a pop that occurs over bumps. I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. It sounds as if its in the driver door towards the door jam but again I can't figure it out. Again, pretty clear pop or knock noise. All door jam parts are solid.

Interior.
    1-The door pillar jam that has the headliner material on it is starting to wrinkle up. How do I smooth that out?
    2-The fan below the glove box is rattling really bad. Its almost like one of the fan blades is bent and is grinding against the housing.

Anyone who has encountered these problems and can give some advice I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

computerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Re: Couple of minor but annoying things on the 2007.

I had the same issue with the popping sound on my 2008 and actually just had it fixed yesterday. The local Cadillac dealership charged $94 to fix. The service record says "Adjusted door striker plate and door was low, aligned door." Popping sound is now gone and windnoise is much reduced as well.
    TheLAW likes this.

And of course that makes sense. This site is so useful. I havent been on here for a couple months and for some reason I had to reregister. Good advice above.
    I searched and couldnt find any real solution to the cloth on the pillar although some suggested replacing it. The rattling on the fan noise sounds like a trip to the dealer from what I'm reading. If anyone can post a vidoe for me I'll email it to you and show you exactly where the noise is and what it sounds like.
    Thanks.

I pushed and pulled on the striker bolt last night and found this has to be the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by computerman View Post
    I had the same issue with the popping sound on my 2008 and actually just had it fixed yesterday. The local Cadillac dealership charged $94 to fix. The service record says "Adjusted door striker plate and door was low, aligned door." Popping sound is now gone and windnoise is much reduced as well.
    Hello computerman,

Thank you for sharing this information. I am glad your vehicle popping sound was fixed and now the sound is gone with reduced wind noise. If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message so we can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by OkEsc View Post
    And of course that makes sense. This site is so useful. I havent been on here for a couple months and for some reason I had to reregister. Good advice above.
    I searched and couldnt find any real solution to the cloth on the pillar although some suggested replacing it. The rattling on the fan noise sounds like a trip to the dealer from what I'm reading. If anyone can post a vidoe for me I'll email it to you and show you exactly where the noise is and what it sounds like.
    Thanks.
    Hello OkEsc,

I am sorry for any vehicle issues you are experiencing. I understand how you are looking for advice from other forum members in regards to your situation. If you would like to discuss your situation with us and are willing to bring your vehicle into a dealer for a vehicle diagnosis, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Laura. Any suggestions on the rattle noise under glove box?

Quote Originally Posted by OkEsc View Post
    Laura. Any suggestions on the rattle noise under glove box?
    Hello OkEsc,

I am not a certified technician and am unable to provide any suggestions as to how to resolve a vehicle concern. We rely on our certified GM dealerships for their technical expertise and as our eyes and ears in the field. If you are willing to have your vehicle diagnosed at a nearby Cadillac dealer, I am more than happy to assist throughout that process. I can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Solved the popping noise in the door. Luckily I got some luck along the way. In an attempt to remove striker bolt I stripped the star head screw on the bottle screw. Got the top one out and had to put back since bottom was now stripped. Anyway. In removing the one screw the bolt released some tension and the noise went away. Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Still working on the dammm vibrating noise under glove box. Took to dealer and of course it wouldnt rattle on command.
    Wrinkled up pillars still looking like hlll too but I'll have to replace them I guess.

mello_driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have that noise to I can't find it either and when I had it look at I doesn't happen if you get any help let me know

Quote Originally Posted by mello_driver View Post
    I have that noise to I can't find it either and when I had it look at I doesn't happen if you get any help let me know
    Hello mello_driver,

I apologize that you are experiencing this noise as well. Have you had a chance to take your vehicle into the Cadillac service department as well? Since you stated it doesn’t happen all the time, do you notice this concern under any specific conditions?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.