Stereo and climate control randomly resetting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Stereo and climate control randomly resetting in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hoping someone can shed some light on this one, usually find my answers searching but haven't found anything like this ...
    hcooperrn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Stereo and climate control randomly resetting

Hoping someone can shed some light on this one, usually find my answers searching but haven't found anything like this yet.

At random times, the radio unit (radio, screen, sound) and the climate control are shutting off and coming right back on. Only happens while driving, the engine does not cut out, driving stays normal. The radio always comes back to right where it was after displaying the start-up screen. Half the time, the climate control will come back to where it was (auto mode, a/c on), but the rest of the time, it comes back in manual temp mode with the seat coolers on full speed and the mirror defrost on.

Occasionally, this coincides with a coolant level low warning on the dash -- but not always. I check the coolant level each time, and it isn't low, engine temp is always perfect.

It started this about 9 months ago, but was very sporadic at that time, maybe once every couple of months. Now, in the past couple of days, it is happening 2-3 times per trip.

The only other recent changes -- about 2 weeks ago I gave my throttle body a thorough cleaning. I took the blade out to get everything spotless, and didn't get it back in the same direction the first time, which gave me some fits. After turning the blade around, everything was great, idle much smoother, throttle more responsive.

Any ideas? Is there a common ground connection for the stereo and climate controls somewhere that I can check? Or is this some sort of built in attention-getter for the coolant level? I think I need to replace the coolant level sensor as well for good measure.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

juanlo1211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade 2008 6.2ltr

Re: Stereo and climate control randomly resetting

in my 2008 escalade i quit the radio for cleaning and now i only see the clock.. do you know how can i reset it?

You'll probably get a better response posting your question as a new topic. That said, did you just power it off, and just need to press the power button? The easiest way to reset the entire truck is to disconnect the battery(ies) for awhile.

For anyone that may be thinking about my original post, I'm still having the same issue -- I can make it temporarily go away by pulling the HVAC battery fuse for 10 minutes to reset just the HVAC system, but a few days later, the Coolant Level Low warning starts coming back on and the HVAC randomly shuts off/turns back on. From what I've read -- the 2007 doesn't have a coolant level sensor, right? I've got two batteries, all connections look good, all grounds that I can find are good and clean.

Thanks.

Just in case someone comes across this in the future, I fixed my cause -- the voltage regulator in the alternator was going bad. Installed a reman 160amp alternator, no issues in 3+months.

LeeMajors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Thanks for posting a fix, a lot of people just take off after they post their problem and you never know if it got fixed or what it was, so thanks!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by hcooperrn View Post
    Just in case someone comes across this in the future, I fixed my cause -- the voltage regulator in the alternator was going bad. Installed a reman 160amp alternator, no issues in 3+months.
    Hello hcooperrn,

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience! That’s what makes this community great, the willingness that I see to assist one another. I am glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing a concern with your Escalade. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any future questions.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.