Tire size on 24s
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Tire size on 24s in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Whats the largest tire size you can go on 24s? The more aspect ratio the better for ride purposes. J...
    jkinder33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

Tire size on 24s

Whats the largest tire size you can go on 24s? The more aspect ratio the better for ride purposes.

J

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Re: Tire size on 24s

I have 305/35/24. I would not use this size again, although I really like the Pirelli Scorpion tires.
    I would go 295/35/24 if I had to do it again.

ridesguy is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade EXT & 07 ESV
    I have 305 too and they look and ride great, tires are Nexen. Curious why you don't like them? No turning issues or board issues.

soulsea is offline defector
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive

Mmm, even 295/35s will rub a tiny bit on the liners at full lock ... hard to believe that anyone can run 305/35s without serious rub.

ELUSIVE has pics of how much 305/35s rub on one of his threads.
    2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive (sold 3/14)

Build Thread: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

I currently have 26 x 9.5 wheels with 305/30r26. Those tires are taller and just as wide so they must rub. I just bought the truck though. I want to downsize to 24s and get the biggest tires for ride purposes.

@soulsea your lowering kit doesnt contribute to the rubbing? Is it more of a front to back issue than height of truck issue.

It probably contributes a tiny bit. I had two remove two little plastic tabs that hold the liner cause they were rubbing, but now only a tiny bit backing up at full lock.

I check my tires on the 26s. The rears have a wearing on the inside part of the tire. Looks like something with rubbing against the tire. I bet the rears used to be on the front and got rotated.

----------

What about the 295/40r24? I do not have power running boards. How is that size different? taller but not as wide as the 305/35/24 or little bit more side wall vs the 295/35/24

Here: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Start with 295/35/24 x 10" width and 30 ET (offset) cause you know that's the max before you start serious rubbing ... then you can play with alternate tire sizes to see what is smaller and bigger.

When comparing the 295/35/24 to my current 305/30/26 the current tire is 1 taller in diameter and .5 wider. Ill have to go inspect for signs of rubbing because that alot bigger. thanks soul sea

----------

The 305/30/26 don't ever touch when i turn wheel left to right. You can see where there has been some rubbing in the plastic. THe guy had been running these 26s for 3 years so the rubbing is minimal. Thats interesting because the tires are much bigger than 295/35/24. Maybe the 30s has a sharper profile sidewall and doesn't balloon out much. Maybe it has something to do with offset.

----------

Has anyone tried 285/40/24s? Read on another forum people like those. You lose the wide squatty look but gain side wall.

Noob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have 305/35/24 and absolutely love it. I don't notice any rubbing, though I know on RARE occasions it'll lightly rub small parts of the inner liner. I didn't feel it, and only reason i know is there's a small "shiny" spot on the plastic. But I'll gladly take that so I can have a little extra cushion and curb protection from the crappy roads.

Guys, unless you state what your wheel offset is, then it's going to be hard to compare on just tire size alone.

305/35 rubs quite a bit on an OE 30 offset with or without a drop (with a drop you have to start cutting a lot of liner), many many people have documented this with 24" OE replica wheels that have the 30 offset.

Currently i have 26 x 9.5 wheels with 305/30r26 - wheel offset +25. Overall tire size is 33.2 x 12. It seems to run fine. Im going to down size to 24" ck375 wheels 24 x 10. I dont know offset. Id like to put as much tire on as possible. Seems like options are 295/35r24, 305/35r24 or possibly 285/40r24. Id like to possibly do the 285/40r24 but dont know if thatll work with 24 x 10 rims. Seems like height and width (33 x 11.2)is no problem because its smaller than what i have now although you lose the wide sqautty look. Thanks for your input

Okay so you're looking at the same rims I have.

They have exactly the same offset (30) as the 24" rims ELUSIVE runs, and this is the rub on his truck (stock height) with 305/35:

Keep in mind that's with the truck parked ... when it's turning and pitching side to side and front to back it gets more noticeable.

That's why I run 295/35.

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    Keep in mind that's with the truck parked ... when it's turning and pitching side to side and front to back it gets more noticeable.

That's why I run 295/35.
    Completely agree.
    And precisely the reason why I wish that i would have gone 295/35 instead of 305/35. I also had to slide my automatic steps back a bit as the tires were rubbing on them as well.

----------

And I just put my 22's back on and BOY OH BOY does it drive nicer.

Noob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well for reference, I have a 2010 rwd escalade, base model with fixed step rails and stock height. 305/35/24 nexxen roadians on the esky replicas from Cpw wheels. Minor rubbing. I actually don't even know when it rubs, only evidence is a smooth spot in the front section if the fender well. Size about a baseball. I turned the wheel to full lock and it seems like it's literally 2mm away. So only time I think it rubs is full lock going up or Down a curb.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.