Can't find rims to fit over brembo brakes. 22 in. Rim by 9.5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Can't find rims to fit over brembo brakes. 22 in. Rim by 9.5 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 07 escalade like the title says. Please help!! Has anyone ran into problems trying to buy rims with the proper ...
    Corchov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac escalade

Can't find rims to fit over brembo brakes. 22 in. Rim by 9.5

07 escalade like the title says. Please help!! Has anyone ran into problems trying to buy rims with the proper offset for the brembo brakes. It's at a so called custom rim shop. Ordered 3 different types and can't get any to clear. Losing my mind with this situation. Don't really feel like getting rid of 5000 dollar brakes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: Can't find rims to fit over brembo brakes. 22 in. Rim by 9.5

How much more clearance do you need?

Is this sufficient: http://www.readyliftstore.com/ReadyL.../rl15-3485.htm

Btw, OEM (and replica) 22" CK375 rims will clear Wilwood calipers, not sure bout Brembo tho.

Are those brembos on your escalade pictured? You have 24, but what rim is that

That's the 24" replica version of the CK375 OE wheel, and my big brake kit is Wilwood, which I believe have about the same size calipers as the Brembos (there's a link to them in my build thread if you want to compare size specs with the Brembos). The CK375 is the only 22" OE wheel I know of that has the OE 30 offset and has spokes designed in a way to clear the big brake kits calipers. I know that the regular and platinum wheels will not clear without some sort of spacer ... a member here murphy had to use them for his Baer kit with platinum rims.

If all you need is half an inch or less then by all means use two sets of the spacers I linked to clear. If you need more then it becomes more complicated because using wider spacers gets less advisable. Then you might have to consider changing wheels again, either to the 375s or to an aftermarket wheel with the proper offset to clear the calipers.

Ok thank you so much for your advice. I am currently looking for aftermarket rims. For some reason the idiots that are working on my problem, can't figure it out either. I think I will bring it somewhere else.

You're very welcome ... I mean it might be worth having them measure tomorrow and see if 1/2" is sufficient to clear that way you can get the kit installed and be able to roll with it until you pick out new rims. I know it'd be $260 good money thrown at a problem that will get remedied anyway with new wheels, but if they work then you don't have to rush finding new rims.

Also be mindful that GM stopped manufacturing CK375s, very few OE sets to be found in new condition and they usually beg a premium ... so if you want to stay with an OEM look you might be forced into replicas.

Last, I know the OE and rep 22" CK375s clear the Wilwoods, but if that's the direction you decide to go in please double check the specs compared to the Brembo so that you are sure not to find yourself in the same pickle.

The truck has aftermarket wheels on it already. The problem is they don't make the rims anymore. Don't know what offset they need. So they are just blindly ordering in rims to see if they fit. One of the rims has a flat spot in it so it is shaking on the highway a little bit. So I need to replace them all. So I was curious if anyone had any ideas on what company to look at or any suggestions. They were talking a 0 offset rim. I know that isn't the case for my situation. You would think they could measure the offset some how. But they aren't. So I'm looking for an aftermarket wheel that will fit over these huge brakes

0 offset would look somewhat silly pushed out way too much.

All OEM 22" wheels have 30/31 offset. If your installers are any good they should be able to tell you what offset your wheels have, all they have to do is measure find the centerline of the wheel and measure the pad from there: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101 Then you can have a good idea of what you will need.

Keep in mind that wheels with flush spoke designs will work better than wheels with lips where the spokes are recessed. The 375s work because the spokes come out immediately after the hub and are flush to the edge of the wheel. The deeper the lip the more you will have to push the whole wheel out with offset for the spokes to clear the calipers.

Make sense?

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Sorry for the thread hijack, but soulsea are you saying the wilwood won't clear OE 22s? I was about to pull the trigger on a set but now need to do some digging obviously...

Not exactly ... what I am saying is that the OE 22" CK375 wheels (same as mine but in 22) are the only ones I know for sure will clear Wilwoods because I have seen it person. I also know that Murphy had to use spacers to clear his Baer BBK with Platinum 22s, but from what I gather the Baer calipers are a little wider than the Wilwoods. I also know for sure that the 24" replicas of the standard Escalade 22s will clear Wilwoods because I have seen that too. These are the things I know.

Now, if you are planning to run Wilwoods with either regular Escalade 22s or Platinum Escalade 22s, I would get myself a couple of pairs of those 1/2 inch spacers just in case ... if you clear the calipers you don't even have to open them and just return them.

Did that make sense or did I confuse you further?

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Call hre! They will make wheels to fit anything. Had them make a set of custom wheels for my supra and my buddy had them make wheels for his Porsche.

2007XTSDub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by AZKlaus View Post
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but soulsea are you saying the wilwood won't clear OE 22s? I was about to pull the trigger on a set but now need to do some digging obviously...
    I have Wilwood BBK on OEM 22's no problems

Brembos not sure of heard they have issuses
    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Soulsea, thanks for weighing in! Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the wheel fitment game coming from the Supra world! I had a fun time fitting a proper set of wide 18s over a Z06 caliper/Is-f rotor combo on her and managed without spacers.

In general I'm not a huge fan of spacers, too easy to have an improper torque setting and can also cause road balance issues.

Gdirty, nice to see another Supra guy checking in! HREs are an amazing wheel, but at a hell of a cost. It would be much harder to justify on an escalade with the myriad aftermarket wheels available in proper fitment, versus a custom wide body Supra that you need to squeeze 335s under in just the right fitment That's where nobody does it better than HRE.

2007xts, thanks man!! I love this truck, and was planning on keeping it stock to divert car funds to the supra, but it just hauls so much ass that a BBK and sway bars are just crucial!

image-236891716.jpg

So I went to another custom wheel shop today. A second opinion if you will and this is pretty much the only decent looking wheel they can come up with to fit over the brembo brakes that are on my 2007 escalade. Something like a 50.8 offset. I am ready to rip those brakes off and put stock on just so I can have a decent looking wheel on this thing. Not happy. Don't know what else to do.

I don't even think you can a 50 offset wheel (if there is such a thing) cause it'll tuck in way too much, it'll look ridiculous.

If you don't like the 22" CK375s, then the trick is to find a wheel that's designed similarly, where the spokes go out from the hub quickly and end flush with the lip. Something similar to the Giovanna Andros wheel.

If it were me, I'd take my pic of any OE 22" rim and run the small spacers to clear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.