Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

35K views 99 replies 25 participants last post by  soulsea 
#1 · (Edited)
NEW PICS POST 12

-------------------------------------------

Belltech 2-3/4 drop + Cornering package with DJM F/R swaybars and end links: http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39475

Wilwood D&S 16/14.25 BBK: http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...ac&model=Escalade&option=6+Lug+-+4+x+4&whl=20

Corsa Sport Exhaust package for dual out SWB Escalades: http://www.corsaperformance.com/product_display.aspx?product=1179

CK375 24" Reps with Nitto 420S 295/35/24s

Two iPhone pics for now cause time was short ... more and better pics tomorrow and especially when I wash her and yank the spacers to get m0ar low in the back.

----------

And yes, this is what she sounds like ... :)

See less See more
1 2
#28 ·
soulsea said:
On a side note, a funny and serendipitous thing happened ...

A bone stock version of my truck (as it was but a couple of days ago), same color and all, was driving away as I was taking a pic of mine.

It was literally the old going away and the new here captured in one pic ... very low odds of that happening me thinks. :)

Aliens!
Matrix I say !

#31 · (Edited)
There are a few threads on this 36 ...

But to make a long story short ... if you want to keep the spare you would either have to drill an access hole for the hoist lever in your new bumper (dual out bumper doesn't have one), or you would have to have custom made an electric hoist like another member here did. HOWEVER ... you would not be able to use either the OEM cat-back exhaust, or the Corsa one. You would have to either keep your existing muffler or another muffler of your choice, and have an exhaust shop custom mandrel you the two out pipes at the outer edges of the vehicle. I've seen pics of it done, and the pipes are millimeters away from the spare tire(and other critical parts). It might not ignite it but over time it will probably melt the tread and make it unusable when you really need it.

It's possible, but not really practical, cost effective, or advisable. If you want this bumper it's a lot easier to just delete the spare and buy the OEM emergency tire kit that comes stock with all GMT900 dual exhaust vehicles, and keep the AAA within arms length.

#32 ·
Best looking lac in the forum nice wheels did you consider the platinum 24 wheels like the ones you had ?

----------

MR SOULSEA I THINK MY WIFE IS GOING TO HATE YOU SOON. WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR WHEELS WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW THEY LOOK ON THE EXT MIGHT HAVE TO GET RID OF MY CURRENT SETUP BUT I JUST CANT STOP STARRING AT YOUR RIDE :cool2:

#34 ·
#41 ·
Hello Dirty!

No, I have not, but from what I've read they are about 42-43 lbs / wheel. Just wondering what the weight difference is between them, since most cast wheels are heavy. PM if you'd like. I appreciate the help!

Ok, sorry about the derail! ;) Back on topic...

#44 ·
Oh so I forgot to mention ... I added some ReadyLIFT 1/2" Wheel Spacers (PN: 15-3485) in the back to make the wheels/tires come out a tiny bit more so that they are at the same place relative to the edge of the fender as the front ones.

I don't usually recommend adaptor spacers because of the extra stress they put on the hub and because for the most part I don't trust their fabrication, but these are slide in spacers (no extra lugs) and they are very thin, so no measurable affect on the AWD TAD.

No pics, you can't tell the difference unless you're standing right on top of the rear fender. :p

linkie: http://www.readyliftstore.com/ReadyLift_GM_1500_1_2_Inch_Billet_Wheel_Spacers_p/rl15-3485.htm

#46 ·
ok, sorry for the late response but the guys i hired to clean out my garage decided to put my extra wheels way in the back of the garage and couldnt get to them. but I was able to get to the 24 inch replica with nexxen roadian tire in 305/30/24 and it weight in at 91.5 lbs. I do not know what the tire weighs alone, and I also couldnt get to my wheel that isn't mounted, but i will respond if I ever do. It's stuck behind my factory wheels and my black 22 inch wheels alone with other wheels for my other cars.

#47 ·
Hey Soulsea you really did an excellent job! The way you were looking after so many tiny details is gorgeous!
I'm still thinking of a drop kit for mine but I will then use only 22" wheels maybe platinum style reps in black-chrome.
@ Hemmissey: I think the effect of such a wrap will be great ! Let us know when you start that project...
I my self am thinking about dewrapping mine and giving him a sort of a flame wrapping as former drag cars had but in a neon green! We will see I'm also a fan of blackchrom cars and a good friend of mine has a car wrapping company... I get hardly every week new ideas of doing a new wrapping...

#51 ·
That's a tough one to predict, it really depends where you live.

I've had heard of drops installed for as little as $400 and when I lived up in DC there was only one shop that did them and they charged a little more than $700.

I can't tell you how much mine cost exactly cause it was done at a friends shop along with the exhaust and big brake kit, and he gave me a great price for the whole thing without itemizing the different jobs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.