Drop BBK Corsa and 24s - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Drop BBK Corsa and 24s in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm not sure if you're looking at the pics in the opening post or the pics when I swapped spacers, ...
    soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

I'm not sure if you're looking at the pics in the opening post or the pics when I swapped spacers, but this is how she sits on about a 2/3.5:

But yes, a 2/3 is going to look about the same on 285/45/22 and 295/35/24, in fact the 22" wheel/tire combo fills out a bit more of the wheel well than the 24" wheel/tire combo to begin with.

My ride height from pavement to fender at the center cap is 34"/35.5" if you want to compare.

Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

I have not measured yet but your right it actually looks pretty much the same as yours but I guess my tires being so big is what is creating the illusion for me lol 305/40/22.. Anyhow I will be putting on my winters this week which are 285/45/22.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade

Any rubbing

No, but the shop that did the work adjusted the front liners in a couple of spots ... without it I rubbed a tiny bit at full lock backing up and turning in to severe inclines at pitched angle. It was fine but I'm a little OCD so I had them adjusted.

thx for the info, will see if discount tire can adjust the plastic

jkinder33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

hello, is it correct that your rear pavement to fender is sitting 1.5" higher than the front. Thats surprising as it looks very level front to rear. My stock is 2" higher in the rear and im thinking of lowering 2" rear only but that might give it a sagging look.

Quote Originally Posted by 36dbldz View Post
    thx for the info, will see if discount tire can adjust the plastic
    My shop did it with zip ties btw, when they would tug on one part of it another started rubbing, it took a while to get it right ... not sure DT knows how to do that.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33 View Post
    hello, is it correct that your rear pavement to fender is sitting 1.5" higher than the front. Thats surprising as it looks very level front to rear. My stock is 2" higher in the rear and im thinking of lowering 2" rear only but that might give it a sagging look.
    Hi jk, i just saw your PM as I've been out all day ... so I'll try to address it here.

Not all the trucks are precisely the same from the factory, so most Escalades depending on the year, shock/spring supplier will have between 1.5" to 2" factory rake. Also keep in mind that drops are also imprecise, just because it says 2 front and 3 or 4 in the back that doesn't mean that's exactly what the drop will be. These drop kits are the same for all autoride GMT900 trucks, including Tahoe LTZs, Yukon Denalis, and Escalades, and they don't all have the identical stock suspension. Plus, there's also something called the 'chevy lean' that Tahoe owners refer to, that points to a slight variation of ride height from side to side because of the gas tank and the way other parts are asymmetrically positioned on the vehicle.

To give you an example of how imprecise it can be, when I took out a 1" spacer from the rear coils and replaced it with a 1/4" spacer, the back only dropped 1/2" and not 3/4" for some reason (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11108761). It gets figured out with trial and error rather than with a calculator.

So with ALL that in mind, and with the available kits not he market, it's actually quite difficult to lower the truck ass down to precisely level with the stock front. Like you guessed, if you just do a 2" rear drop you will get a whisper of 'cali lean' where the back is lower than the front. The only 2" rear drop shocks I know of (there might be others) are the H&R, but from what I remember they only sell them in combination with the 2" front. It might be worth a call to them to see if they will sell you the rears only, and you will need them to give you new autoride links to go with them so that the shocks don't air the rear back up. With the new shorter links you will be able to tow the same way as the stock suspension with the autoride fully functional. Also ask them if they will sell you spacers that way you can adjust up and down an 1"

Don't buy the 2" front drop springs, from H&R or anyone else. Anything more than a 1" front drop is best done with spindles to retain the stock geometry and front ride quality.

All that said, be mindful that a mere 1-2 inch drop in the back is pretty negligible and not that noticeable to anyone other than you and other observant escalade owners, so that's a lot of hoops to jump through to achieve it especially since for some reason there isn't an off the shelf rear leveling kit. But it will minimize the stupid fender gap and ride quality will be all but unchanged.

I spoke to Tony. He said do 2 " springs with shock extenders from bell tech. Get a 3" screw to adjust auto ride. See where that gets me and go from there. He said most likely thatd be a 1.5 drop With the 26 inch wheels on there the rear is justnsticking up too much. I'm trying to find pics where people have same fender height front and rear to know if I'll like it but it's tough to find. I just found it interesting your rear is 1.5 higher than front.

Quote Originally Posted by jkinder33 View Post
    I spoke to Tony. He said do 2 " springs with shock extenders from bell tech. Get a 3" screw to adjust auto ride. See where that gets me and go from there. He said most likely thatd be a 1.5 drop With the 26 inch wheels on there the rear is justnsticking up too much. I'm trying to find pics where people have same fender height front and rear to know if I'll like it but it's tough to find. I just found it interesting your rear is 1.5 higher than front.
    Tony will steer you in the right direction.

Do you need to change the brake lines or can you use the factory setup? My car is in the shop for the fronts only for now and they haven't started it but want to be proactive so it can be done when i pic her up in 2 weeks, rather than finding out mid next week that they need to order them.

Blackedoutlt3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Galaxy Grey Escalade

Yes you need Wilwood brake lines. Stock one will not fit.

That's correct. The vendor I bought my kit from included new stainless steel ones.

Hey Soulsea, you have the bell tech springs in the rear with a spacer. You had a 1" and dropped to .25" spacer. Do they make a 1/2" spacer? Id like to lift the truck about a 1/2" because its dropped a little too low with my 2" belltech drop springs.

I'm sure they do make a half inch spacer, but if they don't you can stack two quarter inch ones to achieve the same thing. The upshot of the quarter inch ones is that you can add them as needed.

The shop that did my instal had them but I don't know where they got them from.

I was wondering what brand they were because norcal told me they only had 1" spacers for bell tech and i needed to cut them in half to achieve .5". Looking at a pic of a spacer it doesnt look easy to cut in half with a wheel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.