Suspension compressor stays running
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Suspension compressor stays running in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My 08 escalade is having a issue where after its started the compresser is not shutting off in a few ...
    02caddilade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade awd 6.0

Suspension compressor stays running

My 08 escalade is having a issue where after its started the compresser is not shutting off in a few seconds like usual, it's been staying on for minutes and I noticed it only shut off when I had to slam on my brakes.. Maybe a coincidence but it happened twice now. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Suspention compresser stays running

Your rear shocks are most likely leaking, and it's staying on to compensate for the air loss. It shouldn't be long till your compressor gives out, too.

02caddilade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade awd 6.0

We never have anyone in the back, today when it stayed on we had about a extra 360lbs of people in the rear, now that they are gone is shuts rite off quick again, Compleatly normal again

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 02caddilade View Post
    My 08 escalade is having a issue where after its started the compresser is not shutting off in a few seconds like usual, it's been staying on for minutes and I noticed it only shut off when I had to slam on my brakes.. Maybe a coincidence but it happened twice now. Any ideas?
    Hello 02caddilade,

I am sorry for any vehicle trouble you are experiencing. If this is a concern that you would like to further discuss with us, please reach out via private message. Include your VIN and current mileage in the message as well. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

HarleyGuy357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 007 Escalade

Re: Suspension compressor stays running

Mine did that when the rear shocks wore a hole in the bag of the shock.. They want $500 per shock..wtf.. I would pull the fuse on the compressor or it will burn up.. pump was $300 on top of shocks.. Thanks GM

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Did you expect GM to invent an air compressor that never wears out?

silkjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyGuy357 View Post
    Mine did that when the rear shocks wore a hole in the bag of the shock.. They want $500 per shock..wtf.. I would pull the fuse on the compressor or it will burn up.. pump was $300 on top of shocks.. Thanks GM
    If you pull the fuse on the compressor will it cause the suspension light to turn on?

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I am positive that your rear shocks are leaking. Mine started doing it when there was a load in the back, and were normal without one. Replace them with these https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...50_gid596.html

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Punmax View Post
    I am positive that your rear shocks are leaking. Mine started doing it when there was a load in the back, and were normal without one. Replace them with these https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...50_gid596.html
    I appreciate your response, Punmax. I am sorry for any vehicle trouble you experienced with your rear shocks in the past. If there are any additional concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Suicidalbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV
    Read other threads on shocks from Arnott. They are NOT completely rebuilt.

weezbishop80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 02 Escalade EXT with 162,00 miles and 26in rims I had a system put in it about two weeks ago with 3 batt a second alternator and two 15in woofers in the back and now it seems the air suspension won't lift the truck high enuff anymore and the rims rub now is their anything I can do to fix this problem

HarleyGuy357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 007 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by weezbishop80 View Post
    I have a 02 Escalade EXT with 162,00 miles and 26in rims I had a system put in it about two weeks ago with 3 batt a second alternator and two 15in woofers in the back and now it seems the air suspension won't lift the truck high enuff anymore and the rims rub now is their anything I can do to fix this problem
    check to see if you can hear the pump run when you start up the truck? If not pump is bad.. Pump is prob bad because of hole in shock or air line. you can go to auto store and buy air hose kit for air shocks and manually pump up your shocks. There is air line hoses on the rear of your shocks (back shocks). u just turn the clip 1/4 turn and they pop off. Hook up the new ones, fill um up and listen for air leaks. spray em with wateryou can hear bubbles. that means new shocks..if no leaks or it doesnt sag over night, then zip tie up the hoses and the air fill valve (its like a tire valve stem). and just fill em up with a compresser up to like 120lbs max. I run mine around 70lbs and it cost me 10 bucks and some time rather than 100s.

weezbishop80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes the compressor dose come on and I'll try that thanx

07ESCESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think I have this problem too. It an 07 ESV and I hear a some kind of sound that goes on and off more frequently than normal. It is right behind the drivers side rear tire. It a humming noise that seems to cycle on and off alot more than it used to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.