Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: DIC oil change interval with new oil

alex29573 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

DIC oil change interval with new oil

I have always used the regular mobile one synthetic oil because the manual calls for it. I understand the ECU is programmed for a certain number of revolutions depending on engine temperature and whatever other variables - before it goes from 100% to 0% engine oil life using this specific oil

If I start to use the mobile one extended life oil, Am I supposed to ignore the DIC and change oil at 15,000 miles?

Or will the ECU somehow pick up that I am using better oil and then give me more miles for the cycle of 100% to 0%??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 Escalade, '97 Eldo ETC (Z)

Re: DIC oil change interval with new oil

I won't attempt to answer your question but I must ask this question.

Would you be planning to change the oil filter during that 15k mile oil change interval?

I would personally never attempt to go 15k on the same oil even if having an oil and engine wear analysis every 5k.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
    The OLM calculates oil life based on a number of things (RPM, temp, run time, mileage...), it does not sample the oil. So no, it won't adjust to different oils.

I believe GMs MAX change interval is the same for your car as it is for mine, 10K miles or 12 months, check your owners manual. Honestly, if you're already using a synthetic, there won't be any advantage to switching to a "better" (more expensive) one.

alex29573 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I would use the mobil 1 extended life oil filter that is supposed to be rated for 15k

I would honestly run it up to 10k which for the extra $5 it would cost, would be worth it (6kmiles vs 10kmiles)

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I change mine every 6-8k miles. But I drive pretty hard, and change my own oil... Currently using royal purple, but for the first year and a half I was using mobil1. I don't know if the RP is worth the extra money, but I got a crazy deal on some and bought about 60 quarts and about 12 filters. Currently use it in all of my vehicles.