help! anyone having trouble with usarims.com repilca plat rims and centercaps??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, help! anyone having trouble with usarims.com repilca plat rims and centercaps?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ok i lost 1 centercap for 22 inch replica rims from usarims( they are one of the top replica rims ...
    cane87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

help! anyone having trouble with usarims.com repilca plat rims and centercaps??

ok i lost 1 centercap for 22 inch replica rims from usarims( they are one of the top replica rims sellers on ebay). i tried to use oem centercaps and they dont fit! the oem escalade centercaps are slightly bigger

and usarims.com are out of stock for the caps for another 3 months atleast??

anyone having this problem? fitment of oem centercaps? or did i get a bad batch of rims? lol

anyone know of a place that sells centercaps that will fit? lol

im like lost here on what to do! i dont want to wait forever.. who knows when they will come in.. and i dont want to buy a new set of rims for a centercap. if they never come on

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: help! anyone having trouble with usarims.com repilca plat rims and centercaps??

It's actually a relatively well know fact that the 24" reps use a different size center cap than the OEM 22s.

I guess keep an eye on ebay for folks who may be selling a spare. I've also seen sets of the 24" size in different versions. Some blank, some with color crests, and some with chrome crests. You might have to buy a whole new set to have four that match. Also you can contact some of the other vendors who sell 24" reps, they might have some singles or sets in store. I'm pretty sure (but not certain) the caps on both versions (platinum and regular seven spoke) of the 24" reps are interchangeable.

Re: help! anyone having trouble with usarims.com repilca plat rims and centercaps??

the replica rims i bought are 22" rims.Not 24"..

im talking about the oem 22 " plat rim colored centercaps will not fit on my 22" usarims plat replica rims.THey are just slightly off but they do not fit.The centercap is to big and doesnt snap in the hole.

Apologies for my poor reading comprehension skills ... I wish I could say I am drunk but unfortunately for me, I'm not.

Wow, that's really strange, I've never heard of that ... replica usually means the same. I'm guessing you tried moving the caps around the wheels and they are all the same. In which case logic dictates that's the way they were made and it's not a case of a bad wheel.

Here's the problem with replica wheels, it's not like there's just one factory making them. I know Marcellino sells them (http://www.marcellinowheels.com/product/MAR1272290C99), also Factory Reproductions (http://www.factoryreproductions.com/...HROME-c279.htm), and dozens of other random ebay sellers. I mean I'd say contact one of the two linked companies above or one of the ebayers and see if the have either single or sets of caps, but unless you can confirm that USARims buys from the same Chinese factory there's no way to confirm fitment.

Ugh, I wish I could be of more help.

----------

Btw, on the Marcellino page it has the following disclaimer: "* - Most wheels are designed to accept the authentic factory center cap."

So I'm guessing their replicas are actual replicas and their caps won't fit yours cause they'll be the same size as the OEM ones.

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

Do the center caps fit the rims correct and just will not hold? If this is the case than you can add three small pices of rubber vacuum hose behind the tabs to tightened it up, this is what I did and two years latter it is still good.

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

I just got my wheels from Usarims. Here is the breakdown on center caps...
    left one is OEM, The middle is OEM with colored crest, Last one is Usarim replica.
    The OEM colored crest has a different shape stamped on the face.

The OEM caps show a valve stem on back indicating how it should be installed. Align valve stem on cap with valve stem on wheel.

I did not like the Usarim caps because the colors used on crest, look FAKE!!!

Here is a closer look at OEM GM Colored Crest

Also noticed some height differences, going in order shortest to tallest. The shortest one is the OEM chrome in the middle, next is the replica, tallest is the OEM colored crest.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

we ran into this recently

customer was getting wheels covered by warranty (pitting/peeling chrome) and it turns out that the wheels were aftermarket replicas!
    the OEM center caps wouldn't fit... so we did a bit of research on the wheels and found out that they were reps

the poor owner didn't know that they bought a used Escalade with aftermarket rims, so the service manager took care of it for them and went to bat w/ GM and they covered it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by mycaddi408 View Post
    I just got my wheels from Usarims. Here is the breakdown on center caps...
    left one is OEM, The middle is OEM with colored crest, Last one is Usarim replica.
    The OEM colored crest has a different shape stamped on the face.

The OEM caps show a valve stem on back indicating how it should be installed. Align valve stem on cap with valve stem on wheel.

I did not like the Usarim caps because the colors used on crest, look FAKE!!!

Here is a closer look at OEM GM Colored Crest

Also noticed some height differences, going in order shortest to tallest. The shortest one is the OEM chrome in the middle, next is the replica, tallest is the OEM colored crest.
    so you are saying the oem color crest do fit the usarims, if alligned correct? sorry if i am misunderstanding you. it is possible, but i dont think so.The centercaps are just to big for the usarims

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    we ran into this recently

customer was getting wheels covered by warranty (pitting/peeling chrome) and it turns out that the wheels were aftermarket replicas!
    the OEM center caps wouldn't fit... so we did a bit of research on the wheels and found out that they were reps

the poor owner didn't know that they bought a used Escalade with aftermarket rims, so the service manager took care of it for them and went to bat w/ GM and they covered it
    so he couldnt find centercaps that fit?

I was able to fit the OEM color crest caps on the usarim replica wheels no problem.

Just follow instructions. Picture taken from chrome OEM cap, not OEM color crest.

my rear passenger cap fell off somewhere!!!!!! It was one of my OEM color crest, DAMN, F**k,sh*t, I could keep going but I'm just going to buy another one. First with the tire sensors today and then this..... I'm having some wine now...what a day!

Ok just got another cap. I wonder If I should spray 3M adhesive, plasti dip, silicone, or glue on the cap's plastic retainers.... I don't want to lose a cap ever again. Also I want to be able to take them off when needed in future.

Maybe you can use a few tiny bits of 3M double sided tape in strategic locations.

Not too many though otherwise you'll need a heat gun to get them off.

I mean if the cap is the correct fit you shouldn't have to use anything at all.

mello_driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsea
    Maybe you can use a few tiny bits of 3M double sided tape in strategic locations.

I heard that they have cap locks that u can take off when ever with a alley key

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post

The caps fit no problem. I put them on correctly. Just don't know why one fell off. I just do t want them to fall off again. All tabs are in perfect condition. On my other set of 22's they were perfectly fine. I remember reading about another member on this forum Lowandslow that his cap came off even though he put 3M tape after a while.

bigksone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by mello_driver

I heard that they have cap locks that u can take off when ever with a alley key
    I got them on my 04 after having 2 caps stolen. Then, It was one if the first things I did to my 08 when I got it. Cost me about $60 installed. Never lost a cap since.

image-233017093.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.