Cadillac Owners Forum banner

help! anyone having trouble with usarims.com repilca plat rims and centercaps??

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  cane87 
#1 · (Edited)
ok i lost 1 centercap for 22 inch replica rims from usarims( they are one of the top replica rims sellers on ebay). i tried to use oem centercaps and they dont fit! the oem escalade centercaps are slightly bigger

and usarims.com are out of stock for the caps for another 3 months atleast??

anyone having this problem? fitment of oem centercaps? or did i get a bad batch of rims? lol

anyone know of a place that sells centercaps that will fit? lol

im like lost here on what to do! i dont want to wait forever.. who knows when they will come in.. and i dont want to buy a new set of rims for a centercap. if they never come on

#2 ·
It's actually a relatively well know fact that the 24" reps use a different size center cap than the OEM 22s.

I guess keep an eye on ebay for folks who may be selling a spare. I've also seen sets of the 24" size in different versions. Some blank, some with color crests, and some with chrome crests. You might have to buy a whole new set to have four that match. Also you can contact some of the other vendors who sell 24" reps, they might have some singles or sets in store. I'm pretty sure (but not certain) the caps on both versions (platinum and regular seven spoke) of the 24" reps are interchangeable.

#3 ·
the replica rims i bought are 22" rims.Not 24"..

im talking about the oem 22 " plat rim colored centercaps will not fit on my 22" usarims plat replica rims.THey are just slightly off but they do not fit.The centercap is to big and doesnt snap in the hole.

#4 · (Edited)
Apologies for my poor reading comprehension skills ... I wish I could say I am drunk but unfortunately for me, I'm not. :(

Wow, that's really strange, I've never heard of that ... replica usually means the same. I'm guessing you tried moving the caps around the wheels and they are all the same. In which case logic dictates that's the way they were made and it's not a case of a bad wheel.

Here's the problem with replica wheels, it's not like there's just one factory making them. I know Marcellino sells them (http://www.marcellinowheels.com/product/MAR1272290C99), also Factory Reproductions (http://www.factoryreproductions.com/factory/pc/2010-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-PLATINUM-CHROME-c279.htm), and dozens of other random ebay sellers. I mean I'd say contact one of the two linked companies above or one of the ebayers and see if the have either single or sets of caps, but unless you can confirm that USARims buys from the same Chinese factory there's no way to confirm fitment.

Ugh, I wish I could be of more help.

----------

Btw, on the Marcellino page it has the following disclaimer: "* - Most wheels are designed to accept the authentic factory center cap."

So I'm guessing their replicas are actual replicas and their caps won't fit yours cause they'll be the same size as the OEM ones.

#6 · (Edited)
I just got my wheels from Usarims. Here is the breakdown on center caps...
left one is OEM, The middle is OEM with colored crest, Last one is Usarim replica.
The OEM colored crest has a different shape stamped on the face.

The OEM caps show a valve stem on back indicating how it should be installed. Align valve stem on cap with valve stem on wheel.

I did not like the Usarim caps because the colors used on crest, look FAKE!!!

Here is a closer look at OEM GM Colored Crest

Also noticed some height differences, going in order shortest to tallest. The shortest one is the OEM chrome in the middle, next is the replica, tallest is the OEM colored crest.

#8 ·
so you are saying the oem color crest do fit the usarims, if alligned correct? sorry if i am misunderstanding you. it is possible, but i dont think so.The centercaps are just to big for the usarims

----------

we ran into this recently

customer was getting wheels covered by warranty (pitting/peeling chrome) and it turns out that the wheels were aftermarket replicas!
the OEM center caps wouldn't fit... so we did a bit of research on the wheels and found out that they were reps

the poor owner didn't know that they bought a used Escalade with aftermarket rims, so the service manager took care of it for them and went to bat w/ GM and they covered it
so he couldnt find centercaps that fit?

#14 ·
The caps fit no problem. I put them on correctly. Just don't know why one fell off. I just do t want them to fall off again. All tabs are in perfect condition. On my other set of 22's they were perfectly fine. I remember reading about another member on this forum Lowandslow that his cap came off even though he put 3M tape after a while.

#17 ·
I have 2 sets of wheels, one from marinello (now marcellino) wheels, and one from what I think is USA rim (wheel shop said he couldn't get it from where i originally went with and now went with a separate vendor). I marinello's came with cadillac center caps that fit correctly, never had issues taking them on or off neither did it ever fall off in the past two-three years. Now the new wheels came with blank center caps which seem to be bigger than the older ones. They are VERY hard to put on, almost felt like I would break the plastic clips putting them on and off. But all sets of center caps have the valve stem marking on the back of the caps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.