Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have the rear outside door handle broken on the rear driver side door. On my 2008 ESV Is this ...
    jeanethics is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Esv

Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed

I have the rear outside door handle broken on the rear driver side door. On my 2008 ESV Is this a common issue? I am really frustrated i feel like such a part should not be breaking I am over my warranty. How much is this repair?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Re: Door HAndle!! Suggestion needed

normal wear-n-tear. Dealer will be $60-$100 depending on if they discount it at all. Used ones can be found on eBay or Craigslist.

I just had to switch one of mine out. They bolt from the inside panel into the handle and it's common for them to brake where the bolt meets the handle. You can see on the right side of my pic...

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Although more expensive, billet aluminum handles can be had and would fix it properly.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanethics View Post
    I have the rear outside door handle broken on the rear driver side door. On my 2008 ESV Is this a common issue? I am really frustrated i feel like such a part should not be breaking I am over my warranty. How much is this repair?
    Hello jeanethics,

I am sorry your rear driver side door handle broke. Please reach out to me via private message and include your VIN and current mileage so we can further discuss this concern.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

lbrowne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello jeanethics,

I am sorry your rear driver side door handle broke. Please reach out to me via private message and include your VIN and current mileage so we can further discuss this concern.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Do you look after anyone with this issue? I'm from Canada and the 2007 ESV I have has the rear handle broke too, I just blamed my kids! lol

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by jeanethics View Post
    gm's bottom line is cost not customer satisfaction. The lack of quality shows, I know it can be nerve racking but maintain a cool head. There are aftermarket handles that are upgraded that you can get that will fix it. Prices vary but should not be too expensive. The install would be higher if anything.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
    Do you look after anyone with this issue? I'm from Canada and the 2007 ESV I have has the rear handle broke too, I just blamed my kids! lol
    Hello lbrowne,

We are not authorized to assist customers outside of the United States. I am sorry you are also experiencing an issue with your Escalade. I am going to provide you with the GM of Canada Cadillac Customer Assistance phone number which is 1-888-446-2000. I am also providing a site in which there are multiple ways to contact the customer assistance centers. I hope this helps!

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

You wouldn't get any help from GM!!! They ask you for your vin#, ask a bunch of questions, then nothing. This is what happened to me when one of my handles broke. I swore I bought a Cadillac, not a Ford. This is a well known DEFECT on Escalades. All of us owners get the run around, it's sad. How many posts does it take for GM to make good????
    hannity likes this.

mello_driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mycaddi408
    You wouldn't get any help from GM!!! They ask you for your vin#, ask a bunch of questions, then nothing. This is what happened to me when one of my handles broke. I swore I bought a Cadillac, not a Ford. This is a well known DEFECT on Escalades. All of us owners get the run around, it's sad. How many posts does it take for GM to make good????
    Yes this is a real problem I have a 07 esv my Handel broke a week ago and my boy has a 08 and his broke about 9 months ago cost about $100 to fix at a local shop smh

MPLIN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My passenger front door handle broke about a month ago on my 2008 ESV. I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed yet. If your fairly handy it a relatively simple job to complete. I think the hardest part is getting the door panel off without damaging any of the clips.

leev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Hi Laura,

I have a 2007 Escalade and my exterior driver door handle also broke. I started researching it online and came across this forum and saw that I am not alone in that several people are having the same problem. Is Cadillac doing any type of recall to fix this malfunction? Please let me know the resolution you are providing for the problem. Do I need to send you my VIN and current mileage too? I can even send you a picture if needed.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello jeanethics,

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by leev View Post
    Hi Laura,

I have a 2007 Escalade and my exterior driver door handle also broke. I started researching it online and came across this forum and saw that I am not alone in that several people are having the same problem. Is Cadillac doing any type of recall to fix this malfunction? Please let me know the resolution you are providing for the problem. Do I need to send you my VIN and current mileage too? I can even send you a picture if needed.

Thanks...

I know you're asking "Laura" but everyone on this forum can tell you the answer. No Cadillac is not doing any type of recall. They're (Laura) will take your info and start a case and help you discuss it with your dealer.

Misael is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 EXT

Re: Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed

I recently had the left drivers side go out. Picked up a brand new one off ebay for 20 something shipped and looked and felt just like the OEM handle. Pulled the door panel off and swapped it in less than an hour. Save yourself the headache and do the same, basic tools and common sense is all that's needed.

leev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjax View Post
    I know you're asking "Laura" but everyone on this forum can tell you the answer. No Cadillac is not doing any type of recall. They're (Laura) will take your info and start a case and help you discuss it with your dealer.
    Thanks Nathanjax. I just bought a replacement handle on ebay. Cadillac needs to reimburse everyone for this problem that everyone seems to be having.

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT Premium

Re: Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed

Some of you people are absolutely ridiculous in what you expect from a car company and honestly will never be happy with any vehicle that you keep for a length of time. All cars have occasional wear and tear issues that you'll have to address throughout its life, just part of car ownership. The biggest complains on these cars are over super inexpensive components that are very easy to replace. Go ahead and try your luck with something German or British and see if you fare better.

And recalls are for safety issues...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.