Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by leev Hi Laura, I have a 2007 Escalade and my exterior driver door handle also broke. I ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service

Re: Door HAndle!! Suggestion needed

Quote Originally Posted by leev View Post
    Hi Laura,

I have a 2007 Escalade and my exterior driver door handle also broke. I started researching it online and came across this forum and saw that I am not alone in that several people are having the same problem. Is Cadillac doing any type of recall to fix this malfunction? Please let me know the resolution you are providing for the problem. Do I need to send you my VIN and current mileage too? I can even send you a picture if needed.

Thanks...
    Hello leev,

I apologize you have a broken door handle. I understand your frustration due to your current situation. We look at each customer on a case-by-case basis. I am more than happy to discuss this matter with you. Please reach out via private message and include your VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

sbredin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Re: Door Handle broken!! Suggestion needed

I am from my Brantford Ontario and I am on my 4th handle. 89.00 CDN for the handle and 1hr labour. End up being about 230.00 for each handle...really frustrating...these trucks are junk....I will never buy GM again.

DarkCharisma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade

Freaking horrible quality handles. I've replaced two this last month. Looking forward to the time when I get pissed off and buy some AMI aluminum replacements so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Poncherello is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV

I have replaced three so far and the fourth just broke a few days ago. Have it on order for this week. Pain in the ass to replace and should be better quality.

memphisrep is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Esky

Quote Originally Posted by sbredin View Post
    I am from my Brantford Ontario and I am on my 4th handle. 89.00 CDN for the handle and 1hr labour. End up being about 230.00 for each handle...really frustrating...these trucks are junk....I will never buy GM again.
    $230 each LOL.You must be either rich or simply dont know how easy they are to replace.

50thAEvert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV White Diamond, 2003 Corvette Convertible

I replaced all four of mine with non-OEM chrome plated billet aluminum handles I found on eBay. I don't think I will have this problem again. I had to replace several under warranty. The plastic ones are junk!

zalfmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Misael View Post
    I recently had the left drivers side go out. Picked up a brand new one off ebay for 20 something shipped and looked and felt just like the OEM handle. Pulled the door panel off and swapped it in less than an hour. Save yourself the headache and do the same, basic tools and common sense is all that's needed.
    While I don't own a Cadillac...I'm going to look @ 2013 ESV AWD Platinum today

I've had the outside handles replaced a couple of times on a 2007 Denali XL under original warranty at dealership.

Once warranty had expired I bought some billet ones, that while way more expensive than factory, I only wanted to do the job ONCE!!! Replaced all four handles in less than half a day - couple of hours, really.

I recently changed all the interior handles because of the chrome flaking off - it was like a grabbing the edge of a knife to open the doors - even had to replace a lock cable while I was at it.

LDYNREDD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV

Quote Originally Posted by zalfmon View Post
    While I don't own a Cadillac...I'm going to look @ 2013 ESV AWD Platinum today

I've had the outside handles replaced a couple of times on a 2007 Denali XL under original warranty at dealership.

Once warranty had expired I bought some billet ones, that while way more expensive than factory, I only wanted to do the job ONCE!!! Replaced all four handles in less than half a day - couple of hours, really.

I recently changed all the interior handles because of the chrome flaking off - it was like a grabbing the edge of a knife to open the doors - even had to replace a lock cable while I was at it.
    Wow, we used to have an 07 Yukon Denali XL also and we now have a 2013 Platinum ESV and also a 2013 Platinum short box! You will love the upgrade to the platinum Esky, especially if you have young kids😀 the leather upholstery is so much more luxurious than the Denali, love the French stitching. The gauge cluster looks a lot nicer, the infotainment system has the larger screen in the dash. Dual level console storage is nice for organization but smaller than the Denali.

We have already had to replace one handle under warranty on the ESV but it will soon be out of warranty and I want to consider the aluminum handles for future - given that we have two of these trucks, I'm sure we will have to replace more handles.

Do you have any pictures of the aluminum handles on the Denali? I would (and I'm sure others would also) love to see them on a truck. Where did you buy them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Carid sells them, brushed aluminum. I'm sure they look awesome!! If I ever pull a handle off that's what I'll buy.

SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by AZKlaus View Post
    Some of you people are absolutely ridiculous in what you expect from a car company and honestly will never be happy with any vehicle that you keep for a length of time. All cars have occasional wear and tear issues that you'll have to address throughout its life, just part of car ownership. The biggest complains on these cars are over super inexpensive components that are very easy to replace. Go ahead and try your luck with something German or British and see if you fare better.

And recalls are for safety issues...
    I have BMW, and things like "chairs", "door handles", "gearboxes", "traction control computers" and even "rear electric blinds" all still work at 15 years old....

AZKlaus is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT Premium

Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group View Post
    I have BMW, and things like "chairs", "door handles", "gearboxes", "traction control computers" and even "rear electric blinds" all still work at 15 years old....
    Well let's be fair that era of 7 series was one of the best cars ever made! Get into the 2002+ 7 series... different story. And to clarify my comment is strictly about owners demanding recalls because of some wear items that fail. EVERY car has those handful of common problems after a certain age, that doesn't mean the manufacturer should be on the hook to extend the warranties for these things unless they're a safety issue.

SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by AZKlaus View Post
    Well let's be fair that era of 7 series was one of the best cars ever made! Get into the 2002+ 7 series... different story. And to clarify my comment is strictly about owners demanding recalls because of some wear items that fail. EVERY car has those handful of common problems after a certain age, that doesn't mean the manufacturer should be on the hook to extend the warranties for these things unless they're a safety issue.
    Not so sure on this, looking at the original value of the Escalade against the BMW X5 (like for like), the X5 was cheaper to buy with a leather dashboard, the only failure on those trucks was the leveling rear suspension, most were done under warranty. Ive been looking at them (2007+) none have corroded yet even in Canada snow.

I do think the point about damaged parts are valid for all GM trucks, its a shame as the drive is nice (i owned one, i sold it due to the amount of cheap / design flaws it had, like plastic door handles, seats that would have all the electric buttons reversed (forward was back etc..., i got to the bottom of what this was, it was a a basic cheap out on the parts used so there was no fix other than putting parts on every 6 months).

For the price of the trucks this should not be happening, granted the odd thing like a drive line issue, but we are talking about real basic stuff like a plastic door handle on a really heavy door, that's design 101 issues. If items didnt break, wouldnt get the complaints.

I am actually selling the 7 series as well, i need a winter car, the BMW i wont drive in Winter months.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.