Front & Rear sway bars worth it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Front & Rear sway bars worth it? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Looking at the Hotckis front & Rear Anti-Roll bars Found them for $501 at Tire rack http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...ort+Suspension I know this ...
    Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

Front & Rear sway bars worth it?

Looking at the Hotckis front & Rear Anti-Roll bars
    Found them for $501 at Tire rack
    http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...ort+Suspension

I know this has been discussed before but are they really worth it? Anyone who has them says its the best mod they've done. but I feel like after you spend so much on something ofcourse you will talk yourself into it being a good idea. Can I ask if it rides harder though?

I switched from 18's to 22's so my truck doesn't have magnetic ride control and with the 22's it's a VERY rough ride around town. Every pothole I drive over is like a kick to the &%$#S. My town has horrible roads, and 95% of my driving is around town. I just purchased 4 brand new goodyear fortera sl tires to see if new tires helps a tad bit as my tires where pretty run down. It was $1500 for new tires so already I'm spending more than I wanted to.... Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Re: Front & Rear sway bars worth it?

I actually just installed these a month ago, had them sitting around forever. I do not notice any harshness in ride, but I do have the 22's with MRC. The Caddy handles MUCH better on turns and keeps you planted in the seat, instead of throwing you around.

Cons- Installing the rear sway bar. It was a pain in the rear! I had a hard time getting the left side "dog leg" to line up. Once you start, you'll see what I'm talking about. The rest of the instal was a breeze. Also, the rear sway is so thick, it covers up the drain port on the rear diff cover. I wasn't too happy about that. If I knew that, I would of drained and filled the fluid before instal. Just a heads up...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I put mods on that work, sway bars are my second mod after window tint, I don't look at 500 dollars as a major expense, and if they didn't work I would say they were junk and it was a 500 dollar lesson and remove them and move on. I am putting a 427 out of a wrecked Z06 in a 2011 platinum Escalade right now, talk about a HUGE waste of money, but I needed something to do. Yea we have a hydraulic internal expander to make the job much easier on the passenger rear side, you learn things after you do it 12 times.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

emay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 ESV Platinum WDT

Got the same set via Soulse and I noticed a decent improvement in lateral body roll. Exit and entrance ramps at speed will net you your biggest seat of the pants feeling.

Did I come away saying 'good god that's a great mod' - not so much, but it's a good enough improvement to be mod number 3 or 4 for me on these overweight sleds.

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

I bought a set of these about 6 months ago from TireRack and they have been sitting in my dining room since.
    I need to get these installed...

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Yes.

cutterman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Edition

+1. Car handles so much better on turns, especially at highway speeds.

For the DIY'er, use some penetrant oil the day before and a heavy duty 6 point socket on the 10mm bracket bolts, especially front. They were hard to get out on my 2011.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I have eibach sway bars and I'm thinking about removing them. My truck rides harsh and I think it's the sway bars and my friend that's a mechanic also says the same.

cutomlade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs upRe: Front & Rear sway bars worth it?

I have the Eibachs on a 2008 ... love them... my friend has an all stock 08 and I see the difference..His rolls on turns... I can take turns much faster and controlled...GET THEM!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.