Fuel efficincy in escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Fuel efficincy in escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, I have issue in the fuel efficiency in my 09 escalade , I know that the average inside city ...
    a_alkhateb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escallade
    Hello,

I have issue in the fuel efficiency in my 09 escalade , I know that the average inside city is 13Mpg, which is equivalent to 20.8km/3.7litre which means 5.6km/1litre !

Mine is doing 25litre/ 100Km which is 4KM/ 1litre. I noticed this after I took my car to the dealership and clean the air regulator then they reprogrammed the car and did a calibration. Any idea or thought what could be the issue?

Thanks All

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

packman01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade ext
    I have a 07 ext with 175000km, volant intake and scoop and I'm getting 15L / 100km no highway mostly just to work and back...yours seems hight to me

Hi,

I checked today with my friend who has similar car, and I checked on his dashboard on the electronic panel and I found that he receive average economy 20L / 100 km , mine is 25L / 100km ! And he use the same fuel I use

Any ideas what could be the issue?

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Fuel efficincy in escalade

In 99% of the gas milage issues the culprit is a heavy right foot!
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

there are so many variables i dont even know where to start.

1 - if you are worried about fuel economy, dont buy an escalade.
    2 - idling time
    3 - upkeep on vehicle
    4 - temp
    5 - elevation
    6 - weight of cargo
    7 - running accessories ie: 42 inch plasma tv in the back and refrigerator
    8 - list goes on.

Gentlemen , I'm not sure if you understand my issue, I know that the escalade is not economic car, if you read my post you will see that's have an up normal fuel consumption, all my friends I know they get average fuel economy on the info centre 20L / 100 kM , mine is 25L/ KM , and this started to happen after my dealer did a cleanup for the air regulator.

Hope this clear

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Maybe the dealer adjusted something they shouldn't have, or screwed up the intake.. Bring it back to the dealer

roadog1aj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4

I think the OP is trying to figure out why his vehicle now gets BETTER fuel mileage (not worse) than before taking it to the dealer. If I'm reading everything correctly, his pals get what he considers to be "average" fuel mileage, and he is doing way better than them since his visit to the dealer. It's possible that even the dealer could not tell you exactly what they changed, as the reprogramming may have tweaked many different settings, and as a net result, the vehicle is running more efficiently. They might have even added a few pounds of air to your tires.......all together, equals better fuel mileage. It's your pals that should be flocking to that dealer for the same "reprogramming"!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.