Best aftermarket alarm to have installed ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Best aftermarket alarm to have installed ? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; What is the best supplemental alarm system to have installed on my 2008 Escalade ??? The Escalade was parked in ...
    2008DallasTx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Best aftermarket alarm to have installed ?

What is the best supplemental alarm system to have installed on my
    2008 Escalade ???

The Escalade was parked in the middle of the mall parking lot, no cars within 50
    yards, 2:00pm on a Saturday.
    The burglar knocked off the drivers door handle, disabled factory
    alarm and very neatly removed the dash. The DVD/NAV Radio was removed in
    seconds.

The Escalade is all repaired. I am told that all I can do is
    get a aftermarket system installed.

Any information or assistance is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gdirty5 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: Best aftermarket alarm to have installed ?

My 2010 was parked at the children's museum and was broken into sometime between 2-4pm while I was inside the museum. Smashed my window and stole my sunglasses and luggage. My car is tinted pretty dark so you can't see the luggage in the car. No "factory alarm" was sounded.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

You can order a new radio from oemautopartsco.com they come programmed and ready to install, since you have a 2008 you should tell them that as well, also order the multimedia kit for 39.99 so you will be able to connect your ipod because the 2008 didnt come with it but if you order that wire and get a new nav from them for the 2008 you will be able to use a 3.5mm wire and use any audio device to play audio through aux. Also the 2008 escalade nav is the only one that has to be from a 2008 escalade no 2009-2013 will work. 2008 is the only one that had this issue and I have seen people try to get around but i never heard of anyone successful. If you do order from oem tell them to enable AUX the u42 option. I have a 2008 as well the only difference between me and you is that my wife punched mines so I had to get a new one. I got lucky that the dealer replaced mines under GMPP still to this day I cant understand why and no questions. Dont go after market they all look like crap. I fell in love with my truck since I got my new nav with the AUX i use to have a PAC adapter and it use to mess with my car and radio all those after market ipod adapters stink trust me. I wish you luck also dont buy off of ebay I know its a little cheaper but not worth the risk.

indyguy211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The alarm system with remote start I plan on going with is the Viper 5904. I have heard good things and had a Viper on my other truck for 9 years. You can find new in box off Amazon for pretty cheap and a guy at local stereo shop said would install for $150. You will need a bypass module just need to figure out which 1 to order.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyShops NY View Post
    You can order a new radio from oemautopartsco.com they come programmed and ready to install, since you have a 2008 you should tell them that as well, also order the multimedia kit for 39.99 so you will be able to connect your ipod because the 2008 didnt come with it but if you order that wire and get a new nav from them for the 2008 you will be able to use a 3.5mm wire and use any audio device to play audio through aux. Also the 2008 escalade nav is the only one that has to be from a 2008 escalade no 2009-2013 will work. 2008 is the only one that had this issue and I have seen people try to get around but i never heard of anyone successful. If you do order from oem tell them to enable AUX the u42 option. I have a 2008 as well the only difference between me and you is that my wife punched mines so I had to get a new one. I got lucky that the dealer replaced mines under GMPP still to this day I cant understand why and no questions. Dont go after market they all look like crap. I fell in love with my truck since I got my new nav with the AUX i use to have a PAC adapter and it use to mess with my car and radio all those after market ipod adapters stink trust me. I wish you luck also dont buy off of ebay I know its a little cheaper but not worth the risk.
    The Cadillac dealership already completed all repair work with factory Cadillac parts.
    Thank you

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

I have the Auto mate model AM1 and this system uses your original remote and works the way the factory system should have come from the manufacturer . I am very happy with it, and recommend it.

gdirty5 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I'm tossing between the viper 5704 and 5904 myself. Was quoted 650 for the 5704 and 800 for the 5904 but the shop says not to waste the money for the 5904 due to it using the same brain and not adding any features. Just a color remote instead of an LCD remote. Still contemplating... Thinking about buying online and having an install shop do it for me, but at the same time I Don't trust the teenagers they have working at bestbuy etc... my installer does great work, just is a little pricey.

Went to look at the Vipers today, they looked good. The punks that were installing the equipment looked
    like they were ready for their next joint & tattoo. I'll look somewhere else where the installers don't look
    like they just bonded out of jail.[COLOR

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Viper 5904 is great. I had it installed 2 months ago. Takes a DBALL module. Rear hatch and hatch glass work off the remote aswell. Very high tech.

The "Auto Mate AM 1.5" is exactly what should come from the manufacturer.

Going to go get installed ASAP. Thank you !!!

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I recommend either a Rottweiler or a Belgian Malinois.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by 2008DallasTx View Post
    What is the best supplemental alarm system to have installed on my
    2008 Escalade ???

The Escalade was parked in the middle of the mall parking lot, no cars within 50
    yards, 2:00pm on a Saturday.
    The burglar knocked off the drivers door handle, disabled factory
    alarm and very neatly removed the dash. The DVD/NAV Radio was removed in
    seconds.

The Escalade is all repaired. I am told that all I can do is
    get a aftermarket system installed.

Any information or assistance is appreciated.
    I was at Walmart when mine was broken into was in the afternoon about 1 or 2PM. They took a screwdriver and wedged it into the door handle and opened the door. The alarm never went off. They went into my glove box (nothing in there) and stole my 3rd row seats. Funny that they took those but did not take the headrest screens or the head unit. Worst of all the factory alarm never went off. I recommend anything by Viper, I have had Viper alarms in 2 other cars in the past that I have owned and I have never had an issue with the alarm malfunctioning or anything. Never knew they were so easy to break into, they didn't even have to do anything to get passed the factory alarm.

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hannity View Post
    I recommend anything by Viper, I have had Viper alarms in 2 other cars in the past that I have owned and I have never had an issue with the alarm malfunctioning or anything.
    I agree, I've had 4 systems in 3 different vehicles and they've always worked flawlessly. I did have the installer clip some of the leads on the chip so I would only have the siren sound and not all of those annoying various tones though. Still have the OEM on the Escalade though haven't upgraded it so far.

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2008 dallas tx did you get the alarm installed price if you dont mind me asking looking to get one soon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.