Climate Control Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Climate Control Replacement in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently purchased a 2008 Escalade that had button wear on the climate control unit. I ordered a new unit ...
    computerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Climate Control Replacement

I recently purchased a 2008 Escalade that had button wear on the climate control unit. I ordered a new unit and replaced, easy fix besides the cost. My question is, does this have to be dealer programmed or is this just a user changeable item?

Since I've changed it, once it reaches the desired temp (using auto) the vents stop producing air and the blower motor will be louder than usual. If I manually cycle the fan control up to high the blower will be extremely loud and then after a few seconds quite down and blow as normal. The rear does not stop and opertaes as normal during this time.

Is this a coinsidence that my blower motor or blower module is going out at the time same time I replaced the head unit or does it need programming? Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Climate Control Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by computerman View Post
    I recently purchased a 2008 Escalade that had button wear on the climate control unit. I ordered a new unit and replaced, easy fix besides the cost. My question is, does this have to be dealer programmed or is this just a user changeable item?

Since I've changed it, once it reaches the desired temp (using auto) the vents stop producing air and the blower motor will be louder than usual. If I manually cycle the fan control up to high the blower will be extremely loud and then after a few seconds quite down and blow as normal. The rear does not stop and opertaes as normal during this time.

Is this a coinsidence that my blower motor or blower module is going out at the time same time I replaced the head unit or does it need programming? Thanks for any help.
    Hello computerman,

I would be more than happy to reach out to the dealership in regards to if this unit needs programming in regards to this concern. I see that you are looking for the other community member’s input but I just wanted to extend my assistance if you would like it. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. If you would like my assistance, please just send me a private message with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like me to contact. If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Make sure it is the exact part number on the back of unit, they are different models even though looking the same, no reprogramming must be same model number

computerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

So I found out from searching other forums that new 2007 and up climate controls must be programmed to your specific vehicle to work correctly. I was apprehensive to spend the $70+ to get this done and possibly not fix the problem. I gave in and did it...after 30 minutes at the dealership it now works great. As an alternative, the tech suggested I could have just removed the faceplate from the new one and installed on the old unit which would have saved me the programming cost. Only 4 hex screws hold the faceplate on. Hopefully this will help someone else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.