Looking to buy a 2009-2011 escalade. Have some questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Looking to buy a 2009-2011 escalade. Have some questions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello guys I am new to this forum as well as a first time Cadillac buyer. Now I currently own ...
    Nyc-718 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looking to buy a 2009-2011 escalade. Have some questions

Hello guys I am new to this forum as well as a first time Cadillac buyer. Now I currently own a Nissan armada but looking to change in to an escalade. Ill start off by asking what are the differences between the trims. For example the premium, luxury, and platinum models. Which packages are included in those different models ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dippedEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade ext

Re: Looking to buy a 2009-2011 escalade. Have some questions

base/esv/ ext which 1 of them you looking at would be a start to determine the package... you can go to cadillac.com and build your own the packages in 2013 is relatively the same as an 09 the 07-08 have some qualms technology wise... I would go to cadillac.com and build your own and then ask specifically what package on which model of escalade you have a question about... be easier for people to help ya out and get you in the right direct.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyc-718 View Post
    Hello guys I am new to this forum as well as a first time Cadillac buyer. Now I currently own a Nissan armada but looking to change in to an escalade. Ill start off by asking what are the differences between the trims. For example the premium, luxury, and platinum models. Which packages are included in those different models ?
    Hello Nyc-71,

Glad to hear that you're considering a Cadillac Escalade! Great choice! I have posted some information on the 2009-11 model year Escalades below:

2009 Cadillac Escalade

Models - AWD/2WD | ESV AWD/2WD | EXT AWD

Highlights:

> AWD & 2WD equipped with a Vortec 6.2L V8 SFI, 6-speed automatic, heavy-duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode.
    > Bluetooth phone interface capability through OnStar
    > FlexFuel capability
    > Side Blind Zone Alert
    > XM NavTraffic
    > Next generation OnStar: Navigation downloads to onboard navigation system
    > Power tilt steering wheel
    > Express-up windows
    > Magnetic Ride Control suspension on vehicles with 22" wheels

New was the Escalade Platinum, offered on the Escalade and extended-length Escalade ESV. The Platinum edition includes a blend of technical innovations and aesthetic enhancements. The exterior features a unique front fascia and grille, unique 22-inch wheels and wears exclusive Platinum exterior badges. Inside is the latest example of Cadillac’s 21st-century return to handcrafted luxury details. The instrument panel, center storage console and door trim are wrapped and stitched by hand. They feature decorative French seams that convey an elegantly tailored look and feel. Materials include rich leather on the instrument panel, with unique wood inlays and aluminum trim. Aniline leather is unique to the Escalade Platinum and is used to trim the first- and second-row seats. Contrasting-color stitching is used on the French seams for a distinctive, luxurious appearance and the seatbacks feature embroidered Cadillac wreath and crest insignias. The leather-covered seats are comfortable and convenient, with the industry-exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat. Additional standard interior features include Platinum-specific door sills and floor mats; a heated steering wheel; and heated and cooled cupholders and a power liftgate that opens and closes with the touch of a button. Also, the DVD entertainment system adds screens integrated into each front-seat headrest, in addition to the existing roof-mounted screen.

Also was introduced was the world’s first hybrid in the large luxury SUV class. Escalade Hybrid delivers a 50-percent fuel economy improvement in city driving.

2010 Cadillac Escalade

Trims - Base | Luxury | Premium | Platinum Edition
    Models - AWD/2WD, ESV AWD/2WD, EXT AWD

Highlights:

All trims come with Vortec 6.2L V8 SFI with Active Fuel Management and E85 FlexFuel capability, 6-speed automatic, heavy-duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. The V8 engine is equipped with fuel-saving Active Fuel Management technology, which automatically shuts off four cylinders in certain low-load driving conditions. Other changes include side thorax air bags added to the front outboard seats and a revised inner door design for enhanced side-impact protection.

Escalade Platinum returned with distinctive features, such as segment-first LED headlamps and exclusive interior appointments.

Also new was the audio system with navigation, USB Port, and radio interface (located inside center console).

2011 Cadillac Escalade

Trims - Base | Luxury | Premium | Platinum Edition

Highlights:

All trims feature the Vortec 6.2L V8 SFI with Active Fuel Management and E85 FlexFuel capability, 6-speed automatic, heavy-duty, 6L80E, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode.

Platinum Edition (offered on Escalade and Escalade EXT) remained exclusive and took luxury to its ultimate expression in Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade Hybrid. Exterior and interior enhancements include unique front fascia and upper and lower grilles, 22" chromed aluminum wheels, light-emitting diode (LED) headlamps, full Tehama aniline leather first and second row seats, DVD headrests, Olive Ash Burled and Walnut wood trim, leather treatments and much more.

Other information:

Escalade ESV

The largest member of the Escalade family, offering maximum passenger accommodations and cargo capacity. Combining power, size and strength with trademark Cadillac styling and technology, the full-size Escalade ESV has strongly positioned Cadillac in the large luxury SUV market. The vehicle is 21 inches (53.4 cm) longer than Escalade, translating into more premium seating and cargo-carrying capability – up to 137.4 cubic feet (3,891 L) behind the first row, with the second folded and third row removed. It features all the same elements and features as the standard Escalade, but adds an additional eight-inch flip-down screen for third-row passengers.

Escalade EXT

Brings unmatched versatility to the Escalade family of luxury SUVs, blending pickup truck-style functionality into a thoroughly luxurious Escalade. The EXT model is a unique Sport Utility Truck (SUT) body style, giving it a part-SUV, part-pickup profile. With the industry-exclusive Midgate panel, owners can easily convert the EXT from a five-passenger SUV into a two-passenger pickup with eight feet of protected and secured storage. The midgate, located behind the rear seat, can be folded into the cabin, enabling the cargo area to expand from five feet to eight feet, for a total of 101 cubic feet in secured volume. A lockable, standard tonneau cover protects items in the cargo bed, or can be removed entirely for added space.

I hope that helps,

William R. (assisting Laura & Greg)
    Cadillac Customer Care

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by Nyc-718 View Post

There are good escalades out there, just make sure that it is certified. Not sure what year your Armada is but coming out of an Armada to an escalade be prepared for a drastic drop in the quality of the type of vehicle you are used to.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Caddy Cust....thanks for the breakdown....good stuff....

I'm in the market as well....so alll this info helps....thank you....

Cadillade2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Escalade Luxury pkg

Quote Originally Posted by hannity View Post
    There are good escalades out there, just make sure that it is certified. Not sure what year your Armada is but coming out of an Armada to an escalade be prepared for a drastic drop in the quality of the type of vehicle you are used to.
    Armada>Escalade in quality? I haven't found a superior level of refinement in any armada I've driven compared to the Escalade. I'd be curious what you noticed over what I neglected.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillade2012

Armada>Escalade in quality? I haven't found a superior level of refinement in any armada I've driven compared to the Escalade. I'd be curious what you noticed over what I neglected.
    +1 same here

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.