2011 rides so harsh
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2011 rides so harsh in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My 2011 rides so harsh with the factory 22's, it's beyond terrible. I really hate the truck for this specific ...
    the blur is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2011 rides so harsh

My 2011 rides so harsh with the factory 22's, it's beyond terrible. I really hate the truck for this specific reason. On the open highway, it's great, but if I need to drive around the city, or even a highway with lousy roads. I hate this truck.

My 2003 with the 17" wheels, and plush seats road so much better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by the blur
    My 2011 rides so harsh with the factory 22's, it's beyond terrible. I really hate the truck for this specific reason. On the open highway, it's great, but if I need to drive around the city, or even a highway with lousy roads. I hate this truck.

Theres alot more rubber between you and the ground with the 17's. what air pressure are you running on the 22's

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Re: 2011 rides so harsh

Have you owned the truck since new and has it always rode like that? I feel that my 07 with 22s is extremely smooth even on crappy roads, but to be fair this is the first truck I've owned. I'm used to a Supra on coilovers and wide 18s and sport sedans .

I do have my girlfriends Kia sportage to compare to as that has 17s and big plush tires and I'd say the caddy is at least as smooth, maybe more so. What tires are you running? A bad tire combo could definitely be the culprit but I would also take a close look at your suspension (unless its been like that since new) and see if anything is out of whack.

And of course you always have the option of going down in wheel size. The brakes on this car are fairly small so you have some good options in sizing down.

I run 35 PSI, cold, as per the factory specs. It has the factory tires, and wheels. I am the original owner. It's my wife's truck, and whenever I drive it, I just hate it more & more. It rides like a dump truck. The magnetic shocks do nothing IMO.
    jlt1699 likes this.

Hmm yeah I don't have mag suspension so can't directly comment on that. I would definitely entertain a set of 20s- this may seem out there but maybe your Cadillac dealer would let you "test" a set of 20s and see if the ride quality improves. A buddy of mine with a 2012 bmw X5 bought it with some dealer option 22s and he hated them (although those are much lower profile on the X5s) and after driving on them for six months they let him swap them for factory 20s and he reported much better ride quality.

See if they'll go for it, if your wheels are in awesome shape they can "upgrade" one of the trucks on their lot and send you home happy. Seems like a win-win

Quote Originally Posted by AZKlaus View Post
    Hmm yeah I don't have mag suspension so can't directly comment on that. I would definitely entertain a set of 20s- this may seem out there but maybe your Cadillac dealer would let you "test" a set of 20s and see if the ride quality improves. A buddy of mine with a 2012 bmw X5 bought it with some dealer option 22s and he hated them (although those are much lower profile on the X5s) and after driving on them for six months they let him swap them for factory 20s and he reported much better ride quality. See if they'll go for it, if your wheels are in awesome shape they can "upgrade" one of the trucks on their lot and send you home happy. Seems like a win-win
    Caddy doesn't offer 20's.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    I've never driven a dump truck to compare, but our '12 on 22s rides better than any vehicle I havE had. Maybe the suspension needs work? Or are you saying its always driven like crap from new......

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Caddy doesn't offer 20's.
    Not correct sir

Those are factory 20s

Sir, please show us a link on the Cadillac web site. You may have GMC 20's, but I have only seen aftermarket 20's, that call themselves, OEM, or OEM quality. But they are not GM wheels, with a GM part #.

Sir, please show us a link on the Cadillac web site. You may have GMC 20's, but I have only seen aftermarket 20's, that call themselves, OEM, or OEM quality. But they are not GM wheels, with a GM part #.
    I actually have the oem 22s, however I believe it was until 2010 that the EXT came standard with 20s and the 22s were an option. I gave you some helpful information, if you're motivated to get factory 20s on your car I'm sure you can do some of your own research and find them. Here's a for sale listing as an example http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...sting=48763646. You'll see quite clearly those are Cadillac wheels. I'm sure your dealer can verify and provide a part number.

I actually have the oem 22s, however I believe it was until 2010 that the EXT came standard with 20s and the 22s were an option. I gave you some helpful information, if you're motivated to get factory 20s on your car I'm sure you can do some of your own research and find them. Here's a for sale listing as an example http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...sting=48763646. You'll see quite clearly those are Cadillac wheels. I'm sure your dealer can verify and provide a part number.
    Sir, those are 18's

Well... Played...

You're absolutely right, I test drove an ext with "Cadillac" 20s that had to be reps, as the ext base wheels are definitely 18s. Well if you're okay with the look, 18s would be even better in terms of a soft ride

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

The door sticker would tell you if the original wheels were 20's.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello the blur,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue regarding your Escalade riding harsh. Have you reached out to a dealership regarding this concern? If you are interested in taking your vehicle to a dealership for a diagnosis, I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them. Please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

I have 2 escalades both with 22's My platinum model came with 22' and magnetic shocks, my regular came with 18's and I put on platinum upgrade 22's. The one with the magnetic shocks feels a bit smoother over bumps so the magnetic suspension does indeed help. The few months that I road with 18"s though felt better than both. So 18"s are the smoothest, then 22"s with MRC, and worst is 22"s on regular suspension. The ride on both of my 22's is rather annoying around the city going over any bumps at all...but looks great lol You have to pick looks or comfort you cant have both, if you only drive on the highways though than it doesn't matter. Hopefully the next gen has 22"s AND doesn't drive like it has no shocks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.