It was nice....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, It was nice.... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So long guys.. My truck started to drive like crap it needed new shocks and all kinds of stuff so ...
    Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

It was nice....

So long guys.. My truck started to drive like crap it needed new shocks and all kinds of stuff so I traded her in for a mercedes S600 2009 and I'm loving it.. It has every option I can think of..anyhow it's been fun.. Thank you for everyone's help.. This is great forum..who knows maybe I will be back sooner than later..
    hannity likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: It was nice....

Enjoy your Merc and come back when able.

CadX6 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Audi TTS Prestige / 2013 Audi Q7 Prestige S-Line

Must be something in the air going around. For the first time since 1996 there isn't at least one - usually two - Cadillacs in our garage (4 STS's, 3 Escalades, 1 CTS). I had become more disillusioned with Cadillac (especially Escalade ) being 5 years behind the rest of the industry, no Bluetooth until 2009, still no A2DP connectivity, taking away heated wiper fluid, intermittent wipers, etc., etc. - really ?????
    The final straw was a completely insulting salesman at our dealer that we had done three previous cars thru. When we inquired if GMAC (now Ally) had any current "pull ahead" programs for our latest Escalade lease, all he would say is "pick out something on the lot, we'll write it up & see what we can do".
    So - we drove down the road, traded the CTS for a new Audi TTS for the wife & a weekend fun car & traded the Escalade for a new Q7 which is so far ahead of GM in technology it's amazing. It may not be an $80K luxury SUV, but it performs as well as the Esky and handles immensely better.
    Like the OP said, this forum has been an immense source of help to me over the years & I'll drop in occasionally if I can help anyone. Maybe I'll also be back in the Cadillac family some day.

I think I spoke to soon,,,, there was a oil leak on the mercedes and a bad ball joint the dealer said to me.. oh I will split the bill with you... I said you can't be serious... Give me back my escalade,, so I think I'm getting my truck back tomorrow lol.. I don't really care at this point the S550 fealt way to fragile.. I let you guys know the verdict tomorrow
    Rustico likes this.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

I have many friends with S class Mercedes vehicles, and they have more issues with them than range Rover owners ... same thing with the CLSs. Mercedes is very weird this way, some models are bulletproof some are just terrible from a reliability point of view. Talk to owners before you proceed ... not owners on a forum, but if you know any, real life people who's opinion you trust. In the long run, as long as you're under a BtB warranty, Mercedes service centers generally are second to none, you just never want to have to pay for their repairs out of pocket.

Thankfully you caught the issue in time ... hopefully you'll find the right vehicle for you.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Every Benz I owned was a headache. I have a 2003 SL which I bought new back in 2002. I had a G55 AMG, ML, GL and they were ALL headaches! In the shop every other week and so on.

Cadillade2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Escalade Luxury pkg

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    I have many friends with S class Mercedes vehicles, and they have more issues with them than range Rover owners ... same thing with the CLSs. Mercedes is very weird this way, some models are bulletproof some are just terrible from a reliability point of view. Talk to owners before you proceed ... not owners on a forum, but if you know any, real life people who's opinion you trust. In the long run, as long as you're under a BtB warranty, Mercedes service centers generally are second to none, you just never want to have to pay for their repairs out of pocket.

Thankfully you caught the issue in time ... hopefully you'll find the right vehicle for you.
    That's a good point, I have a 2007 CLK350 as a daily driver and that thing has been nothing but bullet proof, bought it used with 70k now has over 100k still fires right up no quirks at all. Now don't get me started with BMWs...... Those were nothing but headaches for me :>|

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Mercedes are good products. To tell you the truth it's the consumers making things break and being why they are always in the shop.
    hannity likes this.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by kazza93203
    Mercedes are good products. To tell you the truth it's the consumers making things break and being why they are always in the shop.
    Not necessary, no one babies their cars like I do. Always had issues with Benz. I heard they have gotten better, lets see.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillade2012

That's a good point, I have a 2007 CLK350 as a daily driver and that thing has been nothing but bullet proof, bought it used with 70k now has over 100k still fires right up no quirks at all. Now don't get me started with BMWs...... Those were nothing but headaches for me :>|
    I had a 2006 BMW 3 series and the first weekend I had it the tranny blew out on and continued to so for months that followed. I just had shit luck with German product.

Cadillade2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Escalade Luxury pkg

Quote Originally Posted by kazza93203 View Post
    That's a good point, my Mercedes was owned by a senior citizen before I got my hands on it. I doubt the lady revd over 3k rpms in the 6 years she had it lol.

At least around So Cal where I reside I see people beat the crap out of late model vehicles day in day out. Everything has a breaking point. From now on I'll buy all my cars off senior citizens, hey they are like a phantom insurance policy for out of warranty vehicles imo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillade2012

That's a good point, my Mercedes was owned by a senior citizen before I got my hands on it. I doubt the lady revd over 3k rpms in the 6 years she had it lol.

At least around So Cal where I reside I see people beat the crap out of late model vehicles day in day out. Everything has a breaking point. From now on I'll buy all my cars off senior citizens, hey they are like a phantom insurance policy for out of warranty vehicles imo lol.
    Exactly! Now I understand normal wear and tear. But when you got a car going in the shop for a squeak and they can't either hear it or duplicate it? Then that shouldn't be a reason to say its been in the shop numerous times lol. Mercedes leak oil just as bad as a Cadillac do. Easy fixes? Yes! Some people are just to afraid to get their hands dirty or just plain right out can't afford to maintain that 40-80k vehicle. If you got a used Mercedes from joe blow that couldn't afford to fix all the little squeaks, like the ball joint issue, and the oil leaks in back of the cylinder head, then guess who's paying the bill when you decide to buy the freshly detailed Mercedes? Every car has their issues. Bottom line, yes Mercedes has a great product. They are getting better! Heck ask BMW were they got most or all their "features" from? They sell BMW new safety features for a dollar and BMW says nothing!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have had many MB's, and have a few right now, but I would NEVER own one that does not have a warranty, the price for their parts makes a Caddy look like it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I have had many MB's, and have a few right now, but I would NEVER own one that does not have a warranty, the price for their parts makes a Caddy look like it's FREE
    Sounds like your parts department is getting their fair cut. Online parts are a lot cheaper and most are direct Mercedes parts. Just without the mark up.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by kazza93203 View Post
    Sounds like your parts department is getting their fair cut. Online parts are a lot cheaper and most are direct Mercedes parts. Just without the mark up.
    No we buy everything online, just not like buying Caddy parts.

UPDATE.. So I gave the car back lol and took my escalade back.. And even though I have some things to fix like my shocks tie rods and ball joints.. I'm still very happy to have my Esky back I have found a new love for her. In you gotta appreciate what you have and cherish it! I can't wait to have her fixed and start mod her.. I'm glad to be back... And for the record the Benz had a front and rear main seal leak I had it fixed and 24 hours later she was leaking again.... I loved the car but they seem way to fragile..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.