New Member and Future Owner - looking for any info you can provide
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrHolland
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New Member and Future Owner - looking for any info you can provide in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, As the title says I am new to the forum so allow me to introduce myself. I have ...
    caddyfan719 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): shopping for esky platinum

New Member and Future Owner - looking for any info you can provide

Hello all,
    As the title says I am new to the forum so allow me to introduce myself.
    I have a strong history in racing when I was a kid and young man, I ran legend cars for 4 years with my dad, built a tuner car and built a 93 supra turbo (salvaged title) for the strip. I had a BigDogs Mastiff before my wife and I had our daughter. After she was born all of my toys slowly left the stable and I am left looking for something to fill the void.

I looked hard and long at the CTS-V but I do not fit in it being 6'6" there is no room for kids in the back seat and this would be my daily driver so the V line is a no go. I've always like the Esky and now I can actually afford to buy one. Now that I'm all grown up I have a family and need a bigger car. I am looking at a 2011-12 Escalade, preferably the Platinum trim level if the price is right.

What can any of you tell me about this vehicle that I haven't read on the reviews on Edmunds.com and Car and Driver. Is there some significant regret you have about buying the vehicle?

I have some history with Mercedes-Benz S class and C class, and they are a bitch to work on and are remarkably expensive to maintain, is the Escalade in the same category?

I have been looking locally for a Platinum to see how I like the interior the only ones available are brand new from the dealership, I am a very particular man who likes a car that has a high quality finish to the interior, it is what I look at most while inside the car and I get picky about if the man who built it did not take his time, Platinum and Premium owners does the interior hold up?

I've already shopped around for performance upgrades and I am deciding between Lingenfelter (LPE) and D3 Cadillac, both offer the same upgrades and tunes and generally the same performance products at about the same price, is there a difference between the respective companies? Is there another company out there that offers something "new" - to clarify I am looking at the LPE TVS 2300 supercharger upgrade and the D3 TVS1900 supercharger upgrade.

General maintenance questions about the car, oil changes, brakes, e85 use?

Any other concerns that have come up as the vehicle approaches 100,000 miles that you would not have expected?

Like all of you I work hard for what I have and before I make a $60,000 mistake I'd like what ever advice you have to offer.

Thanks in advance.
    C

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: New Member and Future Owner - looking for any info you can provide

All of the info and advice I can provide is located within the forum itself. Take your time and research. I love my Platinum, or dressed up Tahoe as so many like to say. Dig a little, it won't be hard to find people complaining about cheap fit and finish and why doesn't a $70,000+ car have the same options as my Nissan whatever. Nevertheless, I love my Cadillacs!!! Good luck, welcome and enjoy your stay.
    Singh G likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello caddyfan719,

Welcome to the forum! This forum has a wealth of information and I’m sure you will get some great feedback. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your vehicle when you take delivery of it, please feel free to private message Laura or myself on this account! We would be happy to look into the situation for you. Thank you very much for your time!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Welcome!

I have a 2012 ultra luxury, black on cashmere. Although I did like the platinum interior more, I couldn't justify it will little kids and pets. That being said, the platinum has a really nice soft leather interior, where as the other models are just leather seating surfaces. Also, I have seen fitting issues with all Escalades we looked at, however, me being picky I shimmed and adjusted everything I could as I know no one will be as picky as me. The only issue i have had so far ( and just arose) is that the stock wheels are peeling/corroding away... i have yet to bring it to e dealers attention so i cant say how the warranty support is just yet. Otherwise, I love this beast.... What can I say... It drives like a Cadillac!

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

If you're looking at D3 and LPE, you should seek an SLP Escalade. They are sold by Caddy dealerships and retain all applicable manufacturer's warranties ... it might be the ideal Esky for you.

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...2107/120529039

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Subscribed...OP...I'm in the same market w/a new baby in the family....

I've been researching the whole spectrum of years (2010-2012) and trim levels...I feel your pain...haha...

caddyfan719 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): shopping for esky platinum

Thanks for the replies. I've been a lurker here for months searching for everything I could think of from cool after market products to modding ideas. I looked into SLP but holy damn they're pricey, I'm stretching to the $70,000 mark, $100,000 for a base trim with a bunch of extras is out of my league, though I would definitely take one if I found one at the right price.

Is there anyone in the 100,000+ mile club on a platinum or the ultra luxury trim out there that can give me a time tested review? Just want to see how the older higher milage cars are holding up. I checked the forums and there are those that have 100,000+ but I was hoping for a review more than stating a specific issue that has arisen since owning the car.

Tha is again for the posts

C

vinndiesel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS
    Hi ... My boss has a 07 escalade with 154000 on the clock and hasn't had any big issues with it despite all the problems member say to have with 07-08 models. He owned it since new , dealer serviced until lease ran out and warranty expired .. Had trans reprogrammed which took care of the lazy / hard shift stayed on top of all the fluids and other than brakes rotors and just recently two front wheel bearings no problems to report ... Interior looks as if it were still in the show room ... Point is if you take care of it ... It takes care of you .. You can get a vehicle with less than 100k and was driven by a young guy who can care less about it and have tons of problems ... But let me say this I'm already in line to buy it from him when the new models come out early next year and really don't care about the miles because I know it was taken care of ... Just my two cents. Hope it helps

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

I have a 2009 escalade bought new in sept, 2009. It now has 130k+ miles and has been trouble free with driving range of up to 585 miles if hypermiled or normally 500 mile range. issues? replaced front shocks at 80k miles. most reliable vehicle more than my Honda pilot or range rover. still on original rotors and pads! only used mobil 1 5w/30 EP since new and did the transaxle oil, tranny oil, differential oil, coolant and plugs at 100k miles. paint looks like new due to regular hand wash/automatic wash.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    I have a 2009 escalade bought new in sept, 2009. It now has 130k+ miles and has been trouble free with driving range of up to 585 miles if hypermiled or normally 500 mile range. issues? replaced front shocks at 80k miles. most reliable vehicle more than my Honda pilot or range rover. still on original rotors and pads! only used mobil 1 5w/30 EP since new and did the transaxle oil, tranny oil, differential oil, coolant and plugs at 100k miles. paint looks like new due to regular hand wash/automatic wash.
    Hi evois,

Thank you for providing your Escalade experience. Glad to hear it has been a reliable vehicle for you in which I hope you get many years left to come. If concerns or questions ever arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I have some fit and finish problems in my new escalade. At the end of the day, it still puts a smile on my face when driving it. I find my self taking the long routes home.

My '12 Nissan Altima has not had any fit and finish problems, but, it's not a 75k car. I have lower expectations for Nissan than Cadillac. The weakest link in all manufacturing will be the low wage worker at the assembly plant and how their mood is at the time of your build.

Cadillade2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Escalade Luxury pkg

My humble advice would be the purchase the latest cleanest model you can afford. I bought a 2012 previous las vegas hertz rental truck. Could've bought a 2010 for the same price lower mileage but went with the 2012 for the warranty and silver exterior color that I like to differentiate from all the black Escalades in so cal. It does smell like the inside of a night club but idc I smoke anyways

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.