2010 Escalade and compatability with Samsung Galaxy S4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2010 Escalade and compatability with Samsung Galaxy S4 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I Just purchased a 2010 escalade and when I plug my phone into the USB port to play music it ...
    unijenn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade

2010 Escalade and compatability with Samsung Galaxy S4

I Just purchased a 2010 escalade and when I plug my phone into the USB port to play music it reads as an unrecognized device. I have searched the entire vehicle and cannot find AUX input either, does anyone have a solution to this problem...is there some sort of adapter I can purchase to use in the USB port to make my phone work???

Thanks in advance!! Jenny

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cane87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2010 Escalade and compatability with Samsung Galaxy S4

same problem here!! anyone???? its reads my brothers iphone fine and also ipods

----------

i tried to conect my samsungs s4 into my ipod intergration and it doesnt even read my phone as being attacted..

reads my brothers iphone great

does it take a 30 pin connector?

roccos_van is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Android dropped mass storage mode when they moved from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich. All newer devices use MTP (media transfer protocol) and won't work on the escalade. MTP is cutting edge but a real pain in the ass because most usb devices don't support it yet. You are probably sol sorry.

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

just get bluetooth device to stream music & make calls, like blue fusion

cane87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

well i got an ipod .. so its not the end of the word...but there is nothing i can do to make an samsung s4 transfer music threw a usb on ipod intergration?? gotta be something

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by unijenn View Post
    I Just purchased a 2010 escalade and when I plug my phone into the USB port to play music it reads as an unrecognized device. I have searched the entire vehicle and cannot find AUX input either, does anyone have a solution to this problem...is there some sort of adapter I can purchase to use in the USB port to make my phone work???

Thanks in advance!! Jenny
    Hello Jenny,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with plugging your phone into the port to play music. I recommend calling the customer support group who could assist with this. Their phone number is 855-478-7767. Let me know if you do get in contact with them. I can also be contacted via private message to further discuss any concerns or questions.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cane87 View Post
    well i got an ipod .. so its not the end of the word...but there is nothing i can do to make an samsung s4 transfer music threw a usb on ipod intergration?? gotta be something
    You didn't read... Here is the link. I'm buying one soon

http://youtu.be/LzOk3MtZEtc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.