Please Help!! Radio / DVD Wiring Nightmare...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Please Help!! Radio / DVD Wiring Nightmare... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I bought a 2007 Escalade from a dealership in OH. After I have had it for a few months I ...
    Kingdombuilder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2007 Escalade ESV

Please Help!! Radio / DVD Wiring Nightmare...

I bought a 2007 Escalade from a dealership in OH. After I have had it for a few months I found out that the original owner tried to mod the DVD player and Radio. I took it to Dukes here in Flint, MI and they informed me of the problem. They even showed me the mess that was left in it. It seems as they tried to mod a external wiring harness to be able to display to four head rest TV's. I would imagine that they even tried to mod the DVD player to play regular DVD's. There was wires coming out of the back of the radio that was not suppose to be there and I seem a ribbon cable that they tried to hack into for what ever reason or another. What I need help with is... I want to know if anyone knows where this mod maybe posted so that I can take a look as to what was damaged so that I can replace it with OEM parts. I will be able to grab a radio off of Ebay but the rest of what is damaged I'm still unsure. I will have to open it back up to see what all the wiring that was damaged so that I can take inventory as to what to replace.

If anyone knows of any posted mods online for this type of hack please post a link or give me some information as to how I can see what the process was and how I can revert it. Now I have trouble with the radio abd the Nav. The radio sometimes will not come on unless I shut the car down and start it back up again. the Nav goes in and out sometimes. Now I'm starting to see few other issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Please Help!! Radio / DVD Wiring Nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdombuilder View Post
    I bought a 2007 Escalade from a dealership in OH. After I have had it for a few months I found out that the original owner tried to mod the DVD player and Radio. I took it to Dukes here in Flint, MI and they informed me of the problem. They even showed me the mess that was left in it. It seems as they tried to mod a external wiring harness to be able to display to four head rest TV's. I would imagine that they even tried to mod the DVD player to play regular DVD's. There was wires coming out of the back of the radio that was not suppose to be there and I seem a ribbon cable that they tried to hack into for what ever reason or another. What I need help with is... I want to know if anyone knows where this mod maybe posted so that I can take a look as to what was damaged so that I can replace it with OEM parts. I will be able to grab a radio off of Ebay but the rest of what is damaged I'm still unsure. I will have to open it back up to see what all the wiring that was damaged so that I can take inventory as to what to replace.

If anyone knows of any posted mods online for this type of hack please post a link or give me some information as to how I can see what the process was and how I can revert it. Now I have trouble with the radio abd the Nav. The radio sometimes will not come on unless I shut the car down and start it back up again. the Nav goes in and out sometimes. Now I'm starting to see few other issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle's radio and navigation system. We would like to look into this concern. Private message if we can be of assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T. (Assisting Laura)
    GM Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.