Lease vs buying
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Lease vs buying in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Which would you rather?...
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade

Lease vs buying

Which would you rather?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Lease vs buying

I used to lease until my dealer told me the way I keep my cars and trucks you would be better to buy them, and it was right for me after seeing what they were getting for my end of lease cars and trucks in resale. Talk you your or a accountant to see what is right for you

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

There are so many variables that its way to vauge of a question. Personally I bought my vehicles, and there was one i dumped after a year and a half due to too many problems (Subaru Outback) that I wished i leased that one. IF you keep long term, definately buy, but there are also some cases you can come out on top if you buy and dump in a short time frame. Is it cash deal, is it monthly (whats bank rate vs dealer etc)....

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I would wait for the new model to be released before making any moves. The 2007-2014 version will drop in price once the 2015 model is released and you may like that design better than the current one.

I plan on buying the new model coming out (if it looks good) if not I'm really feeling the new CTS. My uncle and cousins both lease their escalades and swear by it. The only problem is that they pay like $700.00 for a lease! I bought mine and with my last trade in I pay $430 a month and I "own" mine. I usually do 48 month payments and when the payments are up and the warranty is up I get rid of it.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

THe thing with the lease is if you dont like the vehicle its a lot easier to walk away and lease something else, however, if you play your cards right, when you own the vehicle you can at least make some money back. THeres pros and cons of both... but i DEFINATELY would not buy or lease verison 1 of the new design.... let them work out the kinks.. i am sure it will look awsome, but just look at the issues between models 2007 to 2013... lots of tweaks and bugs get worked out by the manufacturer.

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    I plan on buying the new model coming out (if it looks good) if not I'm really feeling the new CTS. My uncle and cousins both lease their escalades and swear by it. The only problem is that they pay like $700.00 for a lease! I bought mine and with my last trade in I pay $430 a month and I "own" mine. I usually do 48 month payments and when the payments are up and the warranty is up I get rid of it.
    $700? Jesus. How much down do they put down? Here in Canada, it'll cost upwards of $1000+ to lease an Escalade.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I have been leasing mine thru US Bank and actually selling out of the leases early due to the present strong resale values. US Bank seems to work with you more than the the old GMAC. I only kept my 2012 for a year and got into the identical 2013 for $20 less a month

I hope the strong resale keeps its momentum by the time the new model arrives.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I figure you are protected with leasing if it does not

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.