Bypass handbrake for DVD Player to work while driving.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Bypass handbrake for DVD Player to work while driving. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, For anyone who wants to yell at me, this is for my kid and an upcoming Road Trip. I ...
    Rayb4430 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bypass handbrake for DVD Player to work while driving.

Hi,

For anyone who wants to yell at me, this is for my kid and an upcoming Road Trip.

I have a 2008 Escalade, with a DVD/NAV in dash Touch Screen Stereo. (No monitors any where else in the SUV).
    From everything I have read so far, this can be pretty simple, just a matter of finding the wire that goes to brake and have it run to the ground. With some instances needing to hook up a basic switch to further trick the Car.

My issue is I have no idea what wire goes to the Brake.
    I have 3 harness plugged into the back of my Stereo, 2 of them are black and 1 is brown. Some of the wires do have names, but not all of them so I'm still not able to get this to work.

If any1 has ever done this to a 2008 Escalade, please let me know how you did it and what wire.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Bypass handbrake for DVD Player to work while driving.

It's different on these trucks, not like the tahoe, you need a lockpick and there are many posts about them

Rayb4430 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, I was hoping not to put out $250, in that case i'll just get a portable Dvd player.

If any1 has ever done this with out the Lockpick please let me know.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Rayb4430 View Post
    Yes, I was hoping not to put out $250, in that case i'll just get a portable Dvd player.

If any1 has ever done this with out the Lockpick please let me know.
    You can unlock the nav cheap, but not the dvd

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-5-00-one.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.