Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey all,... New to the forum and have a question but couldn't find other posts on this cable issue here. ...
    KMdiva is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2004 Escalade EXT, 2002 Escalade

ExclamationQuestion... The holes for the AUX jack too small!

Hey all,... New to the forum and have a question but couldn't find other posts on this cable issue here. Husband hasn't a clue or pretends he doesn't! I've tried to figure out the AUX jack myself in my 2008 Escalade ESV. The 3 AUX jacks behind the rear entertainment center are "really small" holes it seems. The cables I have tried are "too big" and stick out way to far without a good connection. Over the last 4 days I've purchased and wasted $$ on 3 AUX cables from Amazon already that don't work. Including that crazy Kensington one with one large and one small adapter on it and the box thing in the center... What a waste for me. What I'm trying to do... I'm trying to use my iphone 5 to play music through the systems audio speakers like others have tried here. I know or at least I THINK I can get it if you help me solve this.... The cable adapter that came with my iPhone 5 (male/female type adapter) is fine but the actual cables going into the AUX jack in the rear seem to be a problem. When I set up the AUX button on the screen there is nothing coming through so I'm fairly sure there isn't a connection being made. Anyone know a fix to try or if Radio Shack has the "smaller size adapters" I need to do this? There isn't a USB in there that I've found either, only a cigarette type plug in the inside console and on the rear entertainment center. I did buy an adapter which works to charge my phone and use another USB cable if needed. - PLEASE, if you have a link to what I need to get so I know what it looks like, let me know! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small!

I got one of these at walmart. It was $3.96. Works great, just used it yesterday. It is a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
    http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Feet-3-.../dp/B000V0G2C4

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I got one of these at walmart. It was $3.96. Works great, just used it yesterday. It is a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
    http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Feet-3-.../dp/B000V0G2C4

Hi, THANKS for helping! I'm going to my local store now to pick one up. I think I got the wrong cable to start with. The one I got was this one so the (3) are not there. The other one I bought from Amazon is below it. It doesn't work either for any of you that try in this model. Guess I try to sell the 3 cables together, maybe someone can use them.

http://www.amazon.com/InCarCables-St...+-4feet%2F1.2m

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Red...ding+iPhone+4S

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

*Update* -- Thank you again to the forum member AdamJeeps who helped. Today I tried the cable you suggested and it worked like a charm. Very pleased with the sound quality too!

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.