Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey all,... New to the forum and have a question but couldn't find other posts on this cable issue here. ...
    KMdiva is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2004 Escalade EXT, 2002 Escalade

Exclamation Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small!

Hey all,... New to the forum and have a question but couldn't find other posts on this cable issue here. Husband hasn't a clue or pretends he doesn't! I've tried to figure out the AUX jack myself in my 2008 Escalade ESV. The 3 AUX jacks behind the rear entertainment center are "really small" holes it seems. The cables I have tried are "too big" and stick out way to far without a good connection. Over the last 4 days I've purchased and wasted $$ on 3 AUX cables from Amazon already that don't work. Including that crazy Kensington one with one large and one small adapter on it and the box thing in the center... What a waste for me. What I'm trying to do... I'm trying to use my iphone 5 to play music through the systems audio speakers like others have tried here. I know or at least I THINK I can get it if you help me solve this.... The cable adapter that came with my iPhone 5 (male/female type adapter) is fine but the actual cables going into the AUX jack in the rear seem to be a problem. When I set up the AUX button on the screen there is nothing coming through so I'm fairly sure there isn't a connection being made. Anyone know a fix to try or if Radio Shack has the "smaller size adapters" I need to do this? There isn't a USB in there that I've found either, only a cigarette type plug in the inside console and on the rear entertainment center. I did buy an adapter which works to charge my phone and use another USB cable if needed. - PLEASE, if you have a link to what I need to get so I know what it looks like, let me know! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Question... The holes for the AUX jack too small!

I got one of these at walmart. It was $3.96. Works great, just used it yesterday. It is a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
    http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Feet-3-.../dp/B000V0G2C4

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I got one of these at walmart. It was $3.96. Works great, just used it yesterday. It is a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
    http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Feet-3-.../dp/B000V0G2C4

Hi, THANKS for helping! I'm going to my local store now to pick one up. I think I got the wrong cable to start with. The one I got was this one so the (3) are not there. The other one I bought from Amazon is below it. It doesn't work either for any of you that try in this model. Guess I try to sell the 3 cables together, maybe someone can use them.

http://www.amazon.com/InCarCables-St...+-4feet%2F1.2m

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Red...ding+iPhone+4S

*Update* -- Thank you again to the forum member AdamJeeps who helped. Today I tried the cable you suggested and it worked like a charm. Very pleased with the sound quality too!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.