Major issues not backed by GM in 2007 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1BadCadSTS
  • 1 Post By sdgc
  • 1 Post By Punmax
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Major issues not backed by GM in 2007 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; In Aug. I purchased a certified 07 Escalade. After purchasing the vehicle I realized the windshield had a serious blur ...
    Leelabell1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Major issues not backed by GM in 2007 Escalade

In Aug. I purchased a certified 07 Escalade. After purchasing the vehicle I realized the windshield had a serious blur and bubbling in it. i took it to 2 glass companies I was told by both the windshield was defective, the safety plastic was separating from the glass I had it replaced. This cost $225.00. Then the front hubs went. Then the front brakes and rotors, then the battery. I understand the brakes are normal wear and tear but the hubs should not have had an issue at this time. Then the transmission went. I had the vehicle towed to 2 shops and was told the transmission would need to be replaced(both transmissions shops said it needed to be replaced) The cost $4000.00. While the vehicle was at the GM dealer getting the new transmission reprogrammed they stated it was throwing a p0449 code and it needed a new EVAP solenoid. GM posted a bulletin that this item needed a relocation harness due to where it was located water may get into it causing an issue. I had this solenoid replaced along with the relocation harness. Gm quoted $370.00. The vehicle is still throwing code p0449 after replacing the solenoid.In the winter I noticed cold air blowing in both the driver and passenger front doors i had to have weather stripping installed. Now on occasion when starting the vehicle there is a loud grinding noise. It sounds like the compressor for the air cond, on occasion when driving the fan for the air cond. turns on high by itself. The vehicle now needs rear breaks and rotors. There is also an issue with the rims. Every other day I have to put air in the tires including a tire that was newly installed when I purchased the vehicle. After doing research online the windshield, transmission,EVAP solenoid, and rims is a common problem in the Escalade and other GM vehicles. Many folks have shared the same problems. GM offers no refund nor do they back their product. I have spoke to 2 customer service reps. Filed a complaint and they offer no resolution. I would never own another Escalade or GM product.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Joined to rant. Welcome good luck and goodbye!
    texas1 likes this.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Major issues not backed by GM in 2007 Escalade

How many miles did it have when you bought it? How were those miles administered? (IE was it a little old lady driving it back and forth to church or an off-road racer who used it for a "trail truck"?)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Leelabell1 View Post
    In Aug. I purchased a certified 07 Escalade. After purchasing the vehicle I realized the windshield had a serious blur and bubbling in it. i took it to 2 glass companies I was told by both the windshield was defective, the safety plastic was separating from the glass I had it replaced. This cost $225.00. Then the front hubs went. Then the front brakes and rotors, then the battery. I understand the brakes are normal wear and tear but the hubs should not have had an issue at this time. Then the transmission went. I had the vehicle towed to 2 shops and was told the transmission would need to be replaced(both transmissions shops said it needed to be replaced) The cost $4000.00. While the vehicle was at the GM dealer getting the new transmission reprogrammed they stated it was throwing a p0449 code and it needed a new EVAP solenoid. GM posted a bulletin that this item needed a relocation harness due to where it was located water may get into it causing an issue. I had this solenoid replaced along with the relocation harness. Gm quoted $370.00. The vehicle is still throwing code p0449 after replacing the solenoid.In the winter I noticed cold air blowing in both the driver and passenger front doors i had to have weather stripping installed. Now on occasion when starting the vehicle there is a loud grinding noise. It sounds like the compressor for the air cond, on occasion when driving the fan for the air cond. turns on high by itself. The vehicle now needs rear breaks and rotors. There is also an issue with the rims. Every other day I have to put air in the tires including a tire that was newly installed when I purchased the vehicle. After doing research online the windshield, transmission,EVAP solenoid, and rims is a common problem in the Escalade and other GM vehicles. Many folks have shared the same problems. GM offers no refund nor do they back their product. I have spoke to 2 customer service reps. Filed a complaint and they offer no resolution. I would never own another Escalade or GM product.
    Hello Leelabell1,

I apologize that you have had these concerns with your Escalade that you purchased in August. I see that you have been interacting with our customer care team already. Could you provide me with your VIN and case number in a private message so I can look into the situation for you? If you are not able to private message me because you are new to the forum, you can also send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, please include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Moved to the proper section.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your problems. Yes these are common problems and especially on the first production year after moving to the GMT900 chassis. Researching before purchasing could have possibly saved you some time in the shop. People don't usually sell perfect cars, they drive them. Take some time and dig through here, all the answer you will require can be found in the forum. Good luck and welcome.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by Leelabell1 View Post
    Sorry for what you are going through, every time I see an escalade I think of how nice it looks and then I remember my own nightmare of owning one and then I read posts like this to further remind me of gm's commitment to subpar quality. Good luck getting a resolution, you will find someone at gm to help you. And good luck as well if you decide to change vehicles.

Leelabell1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

There was 72000. It was an attorney who owned it and it was always maintained by Cadillac all records were with the truck

----------

I have sent you a private message.

----------

Today's new issue threw code p0463 I has to have the fuel level solenoid replaced...another $575.00

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

dump it an buy something else. Done.
    texas1 likes this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

It's the problem with higher price cars and trucks, once the warranty is over the headaches begin, and these are pretty cheap to repair compared to euro cars.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    It's the problem with higher price cars and trucks, once the warranty is over the headaches begin, and these are pretty cheap to repair compared to euro cars.
    2nd that!

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

About the code you need to change the purge valve cost 49.00 is in the left side of the engine also. I had the same problem.

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have driven my '07 for 189K now and it has been pretty darn reliable. The motor still pulls strong and the transmission (original fluid) shifts smoothly.

As for your problems, this is why you don't buy a second hand vehicle, especially if it's the first model year. Stop taking it to GM and find a reputable mechanic. Did you purchase your Escalade from a GM dealer? Usually, pre-owned vehicles come with some sort of warranty, no?
    sdgc likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.