Rear Bumper Plastic Hitch Cover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Rear Bumper Plastic Hitch Cover in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2007 Black Escalade. There is a plastic part of the rear bumper that covers over the hitch, ...
    sadesdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rear Bumper Plastic Hitch Cover

I have a 2007 Black Escalade. There is a plastic part of the rear bumper that covers over the hitch, fastened on the bottom by 2 screws, which I believe comes from the factory.

Mine was loose yesterday and I just noticed that it fell off while I was driving.

Does anyone know the correct name for this piece as I want to order a new one ASAP. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Re: Rear Bumper Plastic Hitch Cover

hitch cover. bumper hitch cover. the cover that covers the hitch on the bumper. the center peice on the rear bumper that covers the hitch.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Also hitch closeout and bumper hat.

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

GM calls it "Cover PKG" . Part # 20777999 List price $193.30. The retainers (2) are $5.33 each and you will have to have it painted. I suggest you check e-bay

tgeorge34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just purchased a new one from e-bay for about $120 painted, as I also had this problem. There is also a guy on ebay that sells homemade metal "retainers" that replace the plastic ones from the factory. These bolt on so there is no chance that your new cover will fall off. Highly recommend...for only about $20!

Whiterob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Mine almost fell off, luckily a neighbor stopped me before I backed out of my driveway. Mine one of the tabs seem to be broken off on the top, so in the process of crafting up a new idea to hold it in.

Quote Originally Posted by tgeorge34
    I just purchased a new one from e-bay for about $120 painted, as I also had this problem. There is also a guy on ebay that sells homemade metal "retainers" that replace the plastic ones from the factory. These bolt on so there is no chance that your new cover will fall off. Highly recommend...for only about $20!
    Hi. Thank you for the information. Was the seller a private person or a dealer? If it was a dealer, do you happen to have their user id so I can see if they have more. Thanks.

tgeorge34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The seller is a private person...his user ID is ocfirecapt...i just checked ebay out and he has some listed...just type in "escalade hitch cover" and his listing for the re-designed clips is there. Great seller! Kinda funny after you see the design..makes you wonder why Cadillac didn't make this after they realized that the cover falling off was an issue.

Actually GM did change the design, either in 09 or 10 I can't remember. The newer version of the bumper and hitch cover have two extra tabs that insert on the side, and since they did this it's not an issue any more.

----------

Btw, this is important because you if you have the earlier bumper, the newer cover won't fit right, unless you either cut off those additional two tabs or you cut two little holes in the bumper to slide them into.

Quote Originally Posted by tgeorge34
    The seller is a private person...his user ID is ocfirecapt...i just checked ebay out and he has some listed...just type in "escalade hitch cover" and his listing for the re-designed clips is there. Great seller! Kinda funny after you see the design..makes you wonder why Cadillac didn't make this after they realized that the cover falling off was an issue.
    Thank you "tgeorge34" and to everyone. Very helpful!

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I have a 2008 Escalade can I buy one from a 2010-2012 and install it and modify it. I live in NYC and its always a problem because people always hit my bumpers.

Yes you can, but you'll have to cut two little openings on your bumper to slide the extra tabs in ... they won't be visible when the cover is on.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Thanks Soulsea, I will give it a try. I have put 4 on already and I am getting tired. I think GM did this on purpose because its a rip off for 180$

pmexpert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    I had to replace the bumper to a new OEM with dual exhaust to solve hitch cover issue. Previouly I bought the new ones 3 or even 4 times...

andre_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I put the new style on and it took me 5 minutes to gather my drill and put the 2 slots for the tabs to fit...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.