Removing drop kit - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Removing drop kit in Cadillac Escalade Forums; A vibration at speed is an out of balance rotating part. ---------- Originally Posted by BEarle They are not springs ...
    MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    A vibration at speed is an out of balance rotating part.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    They are not springs tho, they are spindles. The reason why I went with the spindles because it doesn't wear on all the components etc. plus GM gave McGaughys a award for best aftermarket suspension or something like that. But I'm going to start by taking out the sway bars first and see what happens.
    I thought I saw springs mentioned earlier in the thread.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Isn't it spindles in front and springs in the rear? It seems most people are not feeling the ride with the drop

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I had it aligned twice since the drop. Yeah a lot of people are not liking the ride with the drop. I swore before that I wouldn't screw with the suspension but I had a friend that installed it on his escalade and swore by it so I tried it. The weird thing is, that it drove better with the 26s than the 24s which is odd.

silkjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Removing drop kit

I purchased my truck with a drop and let me tell you my 95 mitsubishi has a better ride quality than my cadillac. I need to return it to stock. I'd rather ride high than to hit a bump and feel like my car is about to fall apart. What would I have to purchase to return it back to stock? I need to get that done this week.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Quote Originally Posted by silkjones View Post
    What would I have to purchase to return it back to stock? I need to get that done this week.
    It depends what type of drop it is. If it's spindles up front and springs in the rear then you need the OEM front spindles, the OEM rear springs, bumpstops, and autoride links. If the front is dropped with springs then you need the OEM front springs instead of spindles.

This is just me guessing on the basis of the standard moderate drop kits by Belltech or Mcgaughys. More significant drops may have additional parts or the previous owner might have modified additional suspension components for this specific drop. Best way forward it to take it to a suspension shop or a shop that does these types of mods, have them look at it, and see what parts have actually been modified so you know what OEM parts you need.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    It depends what type of drop it is. If it's spindles up front and springs in the rear then you need the OEM front spindles, the OEM rear springs, bumpstops, and autoride links. If the front is dropped with springs then you need the OEM front springs instead of spindles.

This is just me guessing on the basis of the standard moderate drop kits by Belltech or Mcgaughys. More significant drops may have additional parts or the previous owner might have modified additional suspension components for this specific drop. Best way forward it to take it to a suspension shop or a shop that does these types of mods, have them look at it, and see what parts have actually been modified so you know what OEM parts you need.
    Thanks a lot! Will go that route this week.

You're very welcome ... hopefully the previous owner used a standard kit rather than a a bunch of mismatched ebay parts, it'll make it a lot easier to spot what needs to be put back to stock. If it's only springs, bumpstops, and autoride links it shouldn't be too expensive to get the OE parts, spindles are a little more expensive, both to buy and in terms of labor for a shop to swap them out.

rgb129 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade

Are these problems on the 3/5 drop or the 2/3 or both? I really wanted to do the 2/3 drop on mine, but reading this thread makes me leary.

I have a 2/3 drop. I'm going to start by putting the stock sway bars back in and see how it is after.

Does anyone run billstein shocks? Will I get a better ride if I install those.

Don't you have magnetic ride?

I don't think you can just throw any shock under there.

I'm not sure it's a 2010 premium

I'm just getting a chance to take the car in...i'm actually taking it to the dealer because struts are covered by my aftermarket warranty. I'm so glad that I got the platinum warranty that covered all of those parts. I'll just pay my $250 ded and let them fix everything. My stabilitrak light came on, i need my suspension checked, i have a leaky sunroof, my windshield wipers sometime stop for some unknown reason, and my transmission is taking a while to catch when I put it in reverse. I will definitely report back on the ride quality once this drop is removed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.