Front License Plate Bracket Options
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Front License Plate Bracket Options in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently purchased a 2009 Escalade from a state that didn't require a front license plate. My state does require ...
    smythcounty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Front License Plate Bracket Options

I recently purchased a 2009 Escalade from a state that didn't require a front license plate. My state does require it however. Can someone tell me my options.? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

surburban99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

Re: Front License Plate Bracket Options

I would go with the factory OEM front license plate bracket. There are different front license plate brackets depending on whether you have a Luxury Edition or the Premium /Platinum Editions. The Luxury bracket is different from the Premium/Platinum brackets because of the front bumper.

You could look on Ebay to see if there is one for your edition already painted the same color as your vehicle. Or, you could order from your a dealer and have it painted to match your Escalade. I have seen black brackets on white diamond painted Escalades, and it just doesn't look right.

Maybe a forum member has one they are not using? Most importantly, make sure the color of your bracket matches your vehicle.

Good Luck!

----------

Here is the bracket that will fit a Luxury Edition Escalade on Ebay, you would have to get it painted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-10-11-12-13-Cadillac-Escalade-Front-LICENSE-Plate-Mounting-Bracket-OEM-/230941533588?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Model%3AEscalade&hash=item35c5302594&vxp= mtr

smythcounty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Okay. Thanks for the reply. How do I officially determine whether it is a luxury or premium/platinum?

Blade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 ESV Plat;10 ESV Lux; 08 Suburban LTZ; 08 ESV-sold

Go on cars.com and do a search for Escalade Platinum. If it has that grill, you need the the platinum/premium bracket. Otherwise you use the luxury bracket

surburban99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

The Platinum version has DVD players built into the front driver and passenger headrests. Has power retractible running boards, the Cadillac emblem embroidered into seats, multispoke chrome wheels, real wood on the dash with "Platinum" written on the dash and the rear lift gate.

The Premium version has the same front end of the Platinum version. The Premium interior is the same as the Luxury edition, and the Premium will have the power running boards. If you Escalade has the fixed running boards (meaning they do not fold in and out when you open the doors) you likely have the Luxury edition.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

You an try stopping in at a "nice Caddy dealer" and they may even give you a front plate holder if they have any, we have a few NJ customers that were able to get front plates from PA dealerships.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.