Best Mod for playing Ipod/Iphone through the Navigation Head Unit on a 2008 Escalade?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Best Mod for playing Ipod/Iphone through the Navigation Head Unit on a 2008 Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I am looking to do away with CDs. Looking to install a mod preferably in the armrest to plugin and ...
    Bengal313 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Black Ravon Utra Luxury Package

Best Mod for playing Ipod/Iphone through the Navigation Head Unit on a 2008 Escalade?

I am looking to do away with CDs. Looking to install a mod preferably in the armrest to plugin and charge my ipod touch/ iphone 5 and have the ability to control it though the head unit. What would you guys recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: Best Mod for playing Ipod/Iphone through the Navigation Head Unit on a 2008 Escal

Super nav?

Re: Best Mod for playing Ipod/Iphone through the Navigation Head Unit on a 2008 Escal

Not sure what that means. I have the factory Nav with 6-disk DVD/CD changer and a disk based Nav. 2008-cadillac-escalade-004.jpg

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Best option for you would be a isimple that uses a 3.5mm audio input cord that you can plug into your phone. You will have to control the music with your phone instead of trying to integrate it into your radios controls unless you want to wait for an adapter that works with the iphone 5.

I really didn't want to deal with wires hanging and having to use controlling from the iphone. What if I bought a older gen ipod touch that has the older connector? I want to be able to put it in my armrest and forget about it. Need something that will keep it charged and ability to control from head unit.

ridesguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade EXT & 07 ESV
    Gm lock pic from Coastal Tech, I have one and use a Nano the same way

Rich08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

I have the isimple gateway and can use my iPhone 5 with the 30 pin to mini adapter. It charges my phone and can be controlled through steering controls. The downside is the nav with be somewhat ruined. You can also put it in yourself (30 min to an hr).

Banshee8732 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    I use a composite to Apple 30 pin cable. It plugs into the RSE inputs. It has a USB cable for charging too. I just plug the USB cable into my cell charger. I can also play video from my iPod through the nav screen. I know you said you want to be able to use the radio controls, but it's something to keep in mind. I used to hate having to control songs through the iPod but it's not so bad. I keep a few playlists of my favorite songs set up so I can just let them play through. Good luck!

bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    I have the isimple and you can get an adapter for your iPhone 5 from amazon for little to nothing and you will be able to control it through the radio controls

What about something that will read a USB Flash Drive (64GB)? Any adopter made so that I can use the head unit to control that?

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Besides the 2011 and up Nav unit. The USA SPEC device has been the best in my opinion

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Any reason why I rarely see the scosche bluefusion mentioned in these discussions? Plays my music over bluetooth flawlessly, although the call quality leaves a bit to be desired the audio streaming is awesome. Seems like a better option than running cables all over your car?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.