2013 Escalade - Experiencing poor build quality - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2013 Escalade - Experiencing poor build quality in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Caddyranch Sorry to say, I wish I read this tread before I bought the Truck. I have ...
    adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyranch View Post
    Sorry to say, I wish I read this tread before I bought the Truck. I have the same exact issues, actually after I got the truck home I looked at the bumper with the door opened and I thought they forgot to install the trim, when I got back to the dealer I was sadly informed that "functions as intended." and how random, two screw and some push ins, in no particular order or logic. Same with the trim around the rear door.
    Things really wrong with my truck;
    1. Lift gate does not have a programmable stop, or any stop (full open or full close) - no garage for the baby (cause I know my wife will forget not to open the gate in the garage).
    2. Crazy telephone interface - calling "home" using "iphone", my kids laugh every time the hear that. No recognition of any content on you Iphone or any other smart phone.
    3. No saved phone numbers can be scrolled while vehicle is over 5 mile per hour. Can not call anyone if driving unless using a voice tag which needs to be programed in.
    4. No accent lighting in interior as in other "luxury brand vehicle". You get three dim dome and two obscure door light in red. No accent in door handle or floor boards.
    5. At night when the third row is up it blocks any light from the dome to illuminate items in the cargo area. The lights are located closer to the center of the vehicle (annoying when looking for an item at night).
    6. No hidden storage or compartments at all in the rear or center of this vehicle , only some simulated cut outs that are not functional. Why ?
    7. The side mirror tilt down feature can only be accessed and set through the vehicle menu. That's crazy, some times I need to see the curb and sometime the rear side, try parallel parking and scrolling to engage the tilt down mirror, it is nearly an impossible process., should have a switch for instant mode change.

So far I,ve had the truck three months and these are my complaints on quality, I don't feel I need to mention the obvious of how nice this truck rides, it is what lead me to this vehicle after reading all the reviews, but could all this stuff be overlooked.
    The current Escalade began production in January 2006. There have been minor changes since then but for the most part it is the same. The next generation will have more up to date features.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2013 Escalade - Experiencing poor build quality

Sorry to say, I wish I read this tread before I bought the Truck. I have the same exact issues, actually after I got the truck home I looked at the bumper with the door opened and I thought they forgot to install the trim, when I got back to the dealer I was sadly informed that "functions as intended." and how random, two screw and some push ins, in no particular order or logic. Same with the trim around the rear door.
    Things really wrong with my truck;
    1. Lift gate does not have a programmable stop, or any stop (full open or full close) - no garage for the baby (cause I know my wife will forget not to open the gate in the garage).
    2. Crazy telephone interface - calling "home" using "iphone", my kids laugh every time the hear that. No recognition of any content on you Iphone or any other smart phone.
    3. No saved phone numbers can be scrolled while vehicle is over 5 mile per hour. Can not call anyone if driving unless using a voice tag which needs to be programed in.
    4. No accent lighting in interior as in other "luxury brand vehicle". You get three dim dome and two obscure door light in red. No accent in door handle or floor boards.
    5. At night when the third row is up it blocks any light from the dome to illuminate items in the cargo area. The lights are located closer to the center of the vehicle (annoying when looking for an item at night).
    6. No hidden storage or compartments at all in the rear or center of this vehicle , only some simulated cut outs that are not functional. Why ?
    7. The side mirror tilt down feature can only be accessed and set through the vehicle menu. That's crazy, some times I need to see the curb and sometime the rear side, try parallel parking and scrolling to engage the tilt down mirror, it is nearly an impossible process., should have a switch for instant mode change.

So far I,ve had the truck three months and these are my complaints on quality, I don't feel I need to mention the obvious of how nice this truck rides, it is what lead me to this vehicle after reading all the reviews, but could all this stuff be overlooked.
    Hello Caddyranch,

We appreciate your feedback. I see others have engaged in your post, especially evois helping to answer each question. I apologize if you are unsatisfied with the quality of your Escalade. If there are ever concerns or issues you would like to further discuss, please reach out to us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Caddyranch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade

Yes, I read a lot about the truck before I purchased it, most reviews stated the obvious aspects of the vehicle such as short falls in the rear seat and fuel economy, which I accepted. But it the detail you don't notice in a 20 minute test drive of the vehicle. So much to take in during that drive, the feel of the truck, the handling, sometimes the small details were missed. I don't know how I missed the exposed bolts under the lift gate and I didn't think to sync my phone when the salesman showed me USB connection, but he didn't say USB he said you can connect your Iphone in the center console, I assumed that it would download all my contacts. I really looked at a lot of vehicles including the Range Rover Sport, which is priced about 5,000.00 less. Having said all this I would still purchase the truck anyway, it really has very little true competitors. I tow a 5,000.00 boat to the jersey shore every weekend, nothing has that tow capacity and looks so good. I just think that a vehicle that carries that badge should be better, and just because this design was done 8 years ago they are still charging a steep price and improvements should of been made on the design to accommodate the customers and address the short coming.
    hannity likes this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Yes, I read a lot about the truck before I purchased it, most reviews stated the obvious aspects of the vehicle such as short falls in the rear seat and fuel economy, which I accepted. But it the detail you don't notice in a 20 minute test drive of the vehicle. So much to take in during that drive, the feel of the truck, the handling, sometimes the small details were missed. I don't know how I missed the exposed bolts under the lift gate and I didn't think to sync my phone when the salesman showed me USB connection, but he didn't say USB he said you can connect your Iphone in the center console, I assumed that it would download all my contacts. I really looked at a lot of vehicles including the Range Rover Sport, which is priced about 5,000.00 less. Having said all this I would still purchase the truck anyway, it really has very little true competitors. I tow a 5,000.00 boat to the jersey shore every weekend, nothing has that tow capacity and looks so good. I just think that a vehicle that carries that badge should be better, and just because this design was done 8 years ago they are still charging a steep price and improvements should of been made on the design to accommodate the customers and address the short coming.

Unfortunately the years have caught up with the Escalade since coming out in Feb 2006, but as trucks go there is nothing that eats up deep snow like these trucks, I have a range rover HSE and GL63 benz, and they can't go where my Escalade's can, and my last platinum was 40k cheaper then my GL63, now my GL63 is much nicer, much faster, handles much better, but it's not 40k nicer. You would not be happy towing your boat with a rr, even though NJ is flat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.