2013 Escalade - Experiencing poor build quality - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2013 Escalade - Experiencing poor build quality in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Singh G thanks everyone for the replies. I have not posted in this thread because I was ...
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singh G
    thanks everyone for the replies. I have not posted in this thread because I was waiting for my day off to go to my dealer. I called on Monday and made an appointment for yesterday. I met with my sales person and we took a look at my escalade. He proceeded to tell me that this was a common problem and the plastic trim just needed to be pushed back in place "because there is a joint there." He also said that someone must have kicked it out of place. I had to bite my tongue because my daughter's seat is placed there, and all we do is put her in her seat from that side. Next, as promised, we took a look at one of the new trucks on their lot. I guess it was a premium, because it did not have the platinum badge, but had the dual exhaust and clear lights. Low and behold, it had the same bumper problem. There was also wiggle room with the trim on the same side as mine. So, I walked away from my dealership disappointed, but content, in that my escalade is not the only one with these problems.

I enjoy the ride of my escalade very much. I plan to keep this rig until I drive it to the ground, and I hardly ever say that about my vehicles. I have purchased/leased 5 since 2008. My wife is in the market for a new car, and I was pushing her towards an ATS. I have reconsidered cadillac as a brand, and I think she is more more set on the CLA 4matic.

----------

thats the response I got from my salesperson.
    So their excuse was that they're all poorly made. .....Nice .

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Re: 2013 Escalade - Experiencing poor build quality

I dont want to be a douche, but for cars... I will take anything built out side the US vs domestic built... Sorry guys, the workforce here just doesnt give a hoot. Tha japanese cars I have had in the past blow the US apart... and European.. forget about it.........
    hannity likes this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    I dont want to be a douche, but for cars... I will take anything built out side the US vs domestic built... Sorry guys, the workforce here just doesnt give a hoot. Tha japanese cars I have had in the past blow the US apart... and European.. forget about it.........
    OK, but here is the problem, euro cars are VERY expensive to get the same performance vs USA, yes they are built better for sure, but take my ZR1, to handle and perform like this car you will spend 3 times as much in euro ville, or you could just be stupid and take a 458 and twin turbo it and really waste some money, don't know someone that dumb , but you are correct, THEY JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE, they keep charging more and giving you less.

surburban99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but I do. I bought a new 2012 Lexus LS 460 L AWD, sticker was over $80,000. The car had a terrible vibration between 35 to 40 MPH. Took it back to the dealership over four times within two months and they could not fix the vibration. They even replaced all of the tires, and it still did not eliminate the problem. After researching this problem online, it was discovered this was a common problem with the AWD LS460 Lexus. So common a problem the Lexus engineers had no way to fix it.

I dumped the car after four months and four thousand miles. Bought a new 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum and I could not be happier. This is my fifth ESV, and I will never ever buy another Japanese or foreign vehicle.

I am and always will be a Cadillac guy....

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

gotta a chance to keep my 2011 range rover sport(bought new) when I bought another 2013 range rover sport(new) before it becomes a 3.0L V6 S/C for the MY2014 if I trade my 2009 escalade hybrid. But the reliability, topnotch gadgetry and almost invincible LF-A hybrid engine sets it apart from all the luxury SUV's, made me decide to just trade my 2011 RRS for the 2013 RRS and never looked back. I will wait for the 2015 escalade hybrid to trade my current one.

tug130 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

Same issue on my 08. Anyone know how to fix that?

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by surburban99

Sorry to disagree, but I do. I bought a new 2012 Lexus LS 460 L AWD, sticker was over $80,000. The car had a terrible vibration between 35 to 40 MPH. Took it back to the dealership over four times within two months and they could not fix the vibration. They even replaced all of the tires, and it still did not eliminate the problem. After researching this problem online, it was discovered this was a common problem with the AWD LS460 Lexus. So common a problem the Lexus engineers had no way to fix it.

I dumped the car after four months and four thousand miles. Bought a new 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum and I could not be happier. This is my fifth ESV, and I will never ever buy another Japanese or foreign vehicle.

When it comes to performance and ride yes the US has some contenders.... Hence i said in another thread how this is the best driving vehicle i have ever had. But what I mainly meant was for the fit and finish of the vehicle.

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by tug130 View Post
    Same issue on my 08. Anyone know how to fix that?
    which issue is that? the bumper or the interior trim? The interior trim just needs to be pushed back in its place each time it gets out of line. I would assume a new bumper in the back may fix the back end.

the bumper is a non-issue. I have the same pic of my rear bumper as well. to have a smooth finish of the bumper when you open the back is apply some washers at the back.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by surburban99

I highly agree, I always bought foreign until I bought the escalade and have had good luck so far. The foreign cars gave me all kids of problems.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Every brand has the same problems, they're just hit or miss. So far I've had great luck out of both foreign and domestic. If you don't believe it, just visit other forums. They all have problems. If there was one perfect brand, we'd all be driving it.

Caddyranch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade

Sorry to say, I wish I read this tread before I bought the Truck. I have the same exact issues, actually after I got the truck home I looked at the bumper with the door opened and I thought they forgot to install the trim, when I got back to the dealer I was sadly informed that "functions as intended." and how random, two screw and some push ins, in no particular order or logic. Same with the trim around the rear door.
    Things really wrong with my truck;
    1. Lift gate does not have a programmable stop, or any stop (full open or full close) - no garage for the baby (cause I know my wife will forget not to open the gate in the garage).
    2. Crazy telephone interface - calling "home" using "iphone", my kids laugh every time the hear that. No recognition of any content on you Iphone or any other smart phone.
    3. No saved phone numbers can be scrolled while vehicle is over 5 mile per hour. Can not call anyone if driving unless using a voice tag which needs to be programed in.
    4. No accent lighting in interior as in other "luxury brand vehicle". You get three dim dome and two obscure door light in red. No accent in door handle or floor boards.
    5. At night when the third row is up it blocks any light from the dome to illuminate items in the cargo area. The lights are located closer to the center of the vehicle (annoying when looking for an item at night).
    6. No hidden storage or compartments at all in the rear or center of this vehicle , only some simulated cut outs that are not functional. Why ?
    7. The side mirror tilt down feature can only be accessed and set through the vehicle menu. That's crazy, some times I need to see the curb and sometime the rear side, try parallel parking and scrolling to engage the tilt down mirror, it is nearly an impossible process., should have a switch for instant mode change.

So far I,ve had the truck three months and these are my complaints on quality, I don't feel I need to mention the obvious of how nice this truck rides, it is what lead me to this vehicle after reading all the reviews, but could all this stuff be overlooked.
    hannity likes this.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Still the sexiest truck out there, looks the best between all competitors, I do agree since GM doesn't make them since 09 they are worse. I also looked at the ATS and XTS build quality and they are poor.

1. at least it has an off button unlike the range rover that doesn't have one.
    2. you can actually say "dial" and it will dial a number that you want. the fastest interface there is! the rest is programmable-again compared to a range rover.
    3. no saved phone number because it is the original developer of the Bluetooth technology by Delphi. it doesn't store phone numbers but can sync all 5 Bluetooth phones at the same time and answer any phone calls on any of the 5 synched phone. unlike the range rover where it will only sync one phone at any one time.
    4. the accent lighting is on the buttons.
    5. it actually lights up the whole are unlike the range rover where it is on the side.
    6. this is actually true if you compare it to a Honda, kia or Hyundai. but the caddy storage is actually better than my range rover.
    7. I only use the passenger outside rear mirror tilt feature. not really an issue.

as for reliability, nothing beats the Cadillac brand. for fuel economy, I get 25mpg highway and 20 city on my escalade hybrid. worth it? yes!
    It is actually gets better gas mileage than my Honda pilot and range rover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyranch View Post
    Sorry to say, I wish I read this tread before I bought the Truck. I have the same exact issues, actually after I got the truck home I looked at the bumper with the door opened and I thought they forgot to install the trim, when I got back to the dealer I was sadly informed that "functions as intended." and how random, two screw and some push ins, in no particular order or logic. Same with the trim around the rear door.
    1. Lift gate does not have a programmable stop, or any stop (full open or full close) - no garage for the baby (cause I know my wife will forget not to open the gate in the garage).
    2. Crazy telephone interface - calling "home" using "iphone", my kids laugh every time the hear that. No recognition of any content on you Iphone or any other smart phone.
    3. No saved phone numbers can be scrolled while vehicle is over 5 mile per hour. Can not call anyone if driving unless using a voice tag which needs to be programed in.
    4. No accent lighting in interior as in other "luxury brand vehicle". You get three dim dome and two obscure door light in red. No accent in door handle or floor boards.
    5. At night when the third row is up it blocks any light from the dome to illuminate items in the cargo area. The lights are located closer to the center of the vehicle (annoying when looking for an item at night).
    6. No hidden storage or compartments at all in the rear or center of this vehicle , only some simulated cut outs that are not functional. Why ?
    7. The side mirror tilt down feature can only be accessed and set through the vehicle menu. That's crazy, some times I need to see the curb and sometime the rear side, try parallel parking and scrolling to engage the tilt down mirror, it is nearly an impossible process., should have a switch for instant mode change.

So far I,ve had the truck three months and these are my complaints on quality, I don't feel I need to mention the obvious of how nice this truck rides, it is what lead me to this vehicle after reading all the reviews, but could all this stuff be overlooked.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyranch View Post

Not trying to start anything but did you ever research the truck you purchased, many things that you are upset about can be seen if you would have looked and drove an Escalade before you purchased it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.