Going to look at an 07 Escalade tonight, short list of what to check.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Going to look at an 07 Escalade tonight, short list of what to check. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I will be going to go look at an 07 tonight but I don't think I will test drive ...
    conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Going to look at an 07 Escalade tonight, short list of what to check.

So I will be going to go look at an 07 tonight but I don't think I will test drive just due to lack of time but anyway is there a shortlist of things to look for being an 07 other than run away from the first year.

Wind noise will have to wait for the test drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: Going to look at an 07 Escalade tonight, short list of what to check.

I would check the rear suspension for sagging and listen for the compressor to kick on after starting it up.

During the test drive I would listen for any noises from the front suspension making any squeaking sounds over bumps as well, also the wind noise at higher speeds. On a straight away I would punch it and see how responsive the engine is or if it stumbles at all. I had to replace my engine mount and I noticed the issue when I stepped on the gas the engine would stumble a little.

I would ask for a vehicle history report also and try to find any service records on the vehicle.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    So I will be going to go look at an 07 tonight but I don't think I will test drive just due to lack of time but anyway is there a shortlist of things to look for being an 07 other than run away from the first year.

Wind noise will have to wait for the test drive.
    Hello conedoctor,

I hope the Escalade you are looking at tonight is the right one for you! If you would like me to look up anything about the vehicle pertaining to the vehicle build or the warranty information, I would be happy to do that for you. I am not able to discuss past service history though. Feel free to private message me if you need anything! Thank you very much for your time and keep us updated regarding your search!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

toygar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

list of things i would def check are as follows.
    1- tire wear,tires for these are expensive
    2- electrical stuff in the vehicle.see if the heated seats and power accessories do operate normally.
    backup camera if equipped, 12v outlets,if it comes with power running boards see if they operate normally.
    3-A/C and heater obviously .
    rest of it is just cosmetics really
    good luck with your purchase.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Sweet, I will look for all the things I can.

I have a 2008 Sierra Denali so I can look for some of my issues as well as some of the systems are the same.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.